Having problems posting

its tom the cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Finally regretfully I will be leaving this site as I have too much difficulty using it. it took me about 10 minutes after 3 tries, to post this. It could be my computer but at the same time I post on numerous rabbit forums without problems.

Accessing the site takes forever and even posting a lot of words get omitted. Reply is easy once I am on the site.

Last edited by a moderator:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Here's a link to the "Site Help" forum.  Maybe someone there can help with this.  It really shouldn't be hard to access the site and certainly words shouldn't drop out.  Good luck with this.  This is such a great site when it comes to getting information and support that it would be a shame if you couldn't use it.

http://www.thecatsite.com/f/44/site-help

If the link doesn't work, to find the site help forum go to the page that lists all the forums on it and down at the bottom, in the section called General Forums, is the "Site Forum". 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

its tom the cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you.  Appreciate your help. if you look at that forum you will see that I had posted sometime back about typing in posts and how they were not always working.

Even now that I have just written this it won't accept my submission.  Will try again and if appears then you can see it worked.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Hi I saw your original post and I see your problem wasn't resolved.  It's interesting you mention this because I actually do have a problem I never really thought much about before.  When I want to go back one page on the site, I have to hit the back arrow three times before it will "take" .     And I do have to hit the submit button a couple of time sometimes when I'm on my phone but generally I have no problem with submitting posts.  It seemed there was some question about your browser.  Have you tried using another browser just as a test to see if it makes a difference? 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

its tom the cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I only have IE as my browser unless I am too dumb to realize there are others. I am not much of a computer person as you might see. I do have trouble with the 'back' button and when I log on to the site it stays frozen for a quite some time.

Other times like now its working fine.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Well you could download chrome or firefox - those are other browsers available (just google for download sites)  I use Firefox but am on a mac.  Do you have the most recent update of IE?  That might be another thing to check.  Yes, I'm not too computer savvy either, but that's where I would start.  On an older computer I used to have, I sometimes had problems between sites, depending on what browser I used. 

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
@Its Tom the Cat  I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues. I'd love to try and help but I think we should best do that in the technical help thread you started. As we discussed there, if you can attach screenshots of what you're seeing, as well as the exact version of your browser, we could pass that along to the tech support team. To the best of my knowledge, this is a unique issue and not something other users are experiencing, so we'd really need the screenshots and exact browser version to try and work this out. Alternatively, trying a different browser might help.

Again, let's take this specific branch of the discussion to the tech support thread. Thank you!

[thread="297271"]Difficulty When Writing In Forums​[/thread]  

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise