Having Kittens??? Please Help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jessica Meade

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my foster cat journey had 3 sweet kittens they look pretty big for there age? Tgey were born between 11pm and 3am on thurday night Friday morning could they have been over due??? And littles nose in picture above does it look ok??

Jessica Meade

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
First born gray and white weighed 5.7 ounces
2nd gray orange weighed 5.11
3rd black weighed 6.3

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its very much above average as birth weigh

Jessica Meade

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its me again;)
All are growing very fast!

2 questions first of all they seem to have some fleas i gave them all 3 a sponge bath with dawn dishsoap that seemed to help momma was treated at the shelter but im assuming she still has them or kittens wouldn't anything i can do for this? They arent covered in fleas i have been combing journey and getting several off her vet will give journey her flea pill after nursing is over.. any help on this

now the bigger questions my kittens seem to have some major goo in their eyes 2 out of the 3 pretty bad! I have called vet she says as long as the goo isnt green or yellow they are fine lots of kittens do this before eyes open. ( i have seen it in kitrens i fostered before but seems to go away faster than this) mom is fine and doing great! What should i do??? I am using warm cotton ever few hours and its looking better but after church today i gave them a small and fast flea bath and one kittens eye seemed to really have alot of goo. was coming out of corner but ut was white (clear) im so confused and just wants what is best for them!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Put a tube of Advantage II on the back of mom's neck. It will help her and the kittens with fleas.

Wash bedding in hot water. Vacuum floors. Buy a can of flea house/carpet spray and spray floors and upholstery. Part of getting rid of fleas is killing eggs and larvae.

Wipe the kittens' eyes with a warm, damp soft cloth whenever you see mucus.

Ask the vet for a tube of terramycin ointment tomorrow and use it across the eyes.

Are the eyes open yet?

Jessica Meade

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The eyes are starting to open... one of the kittens eyes werr so crusted this morning after cleaning them they are almost all the way open... i think im gonna try and get a vet visit asap

Jessica Meade

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi so my 3 kittens are growing so fast and i believe i have finally gotten rid of all moms fleas and she is also as sweet as i can be!! I had the vet come take a look at them AGIAN lol because of eyes she said eyes are fine that the goo isnt colored not to worry but im worried! Its not cheap to continue to have vet look at them to say its nothing. One of the kittens eyes look good no goo of any kind ever. The little black one has some goo but not as much as the gray one. (Gray one is also the biggest od the 3) in posting a picture of her eyes this is the first day they have been completely open but they seem red (not as much goop though now that eyes are open more) will post all 3 kittens eyes the last one has one eye only half open.
any advice please!
AirBrush_20170718142007.jpg
AirBrush_20170718142007.jpg
20170718_142454.jpg
AirBrush_20170718120821.jpg

Jessica Meade

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had a home visit with the vet yesterday.... vet says not to be worried but i am worried;(

poppy09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If the vet says its ok then it may be this is normal. I was just trying to look back ay pics of ours when they opened their eyes bit don't have any ood pics. I do remember how odd they looked over the few days they opened their eyes, how all 3 of them opened there eyes at slightly different rates and some times each eye was slightl uneven!

If it were me, I would worry too - but having had kittens now, they do change really fast and you may find tomorrow its already started moving away. Plus you've had the vet out! What more can you do!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ask the vet for terramycin ointment. That will clear the eyes quickly of any infection.

The kittens look good!