Having Issues With Both My Kittens

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been posting about my two kittens, each are having separate issues and I've tried everything and don't know what to do anymore.

So I've posted about Logan my 5 month old cat, he got neutered about three weeks ago now, and week and a half after the neuter he started peeing on the dog beds, so I take him to the vet, we do a urinalysis and culture, he had some crystals in his urine but other then that everything else came back normal. Vet suggest switching his food to SO dry and canned. Ok no problem, but what I feed him I have to feed the other, there is no way to separate them. So they both eat and seem to like to SO dry food but neither will touch the wet. So I get some samples of different urinary canned foods to try and still neither will eat any urinary canned food. I am thinking of maybe just keeping them on the SO dry since they eat that and put them back on their normal canned food that they like which is Osopure.

My second issue is with my 6 month old cat Charlie.Before all this like when I first got him three months ago, he would randomly throw up little piles of food, I learned from this site and my vet that it was normal, due to him eating to fast. It eventually stopped all together. But now since the food switch it has come back and he does it everyday and it's worse then before, it's still food but it's more of it and lots of liquid. I'm wondering if he just needs to get use to this SO dry food?

Not sure what to do, food wise. Also if Logan had crystals in his urine does that mean he always has to be on SO? The vet said food can cause that? But I'm confused since Logan has been on the same food since I got him a three months ago with no problem.

Any advice, anyone deal with this?
Thanks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sydney

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also want to add that both cats drink a lot of water, so that's why I was thinking of skipping the canned altogether. They are actually very obsessed with the water bowl and not only drink a lot but play in it lol

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Switching foods can definitely cause vomiting in cats. The best way to go about it is to introduce the new food slowly, mixing it with the old. I'm thinking that Charlie will become used to the new food and stop vomiting fairly quickly. If not, let your vet know! He may have a food allergy.

As for Logan, he's only five months old, and crystals don't appear overnight. They also start out so tiny that they don't cause issues until they get bigger, so yes, the food might be the reason. And if he does have them, he may well need to be on a special food for his entire life. There is also a chance that when he is older and his urethra is larger he will deal with them just fine, so long as they don't get too large.

Do keep us updated on how they are doing!