Have you heard any kitty names that you just love ??

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like cats to have cat names. Growing up we had Star (for the white patch on his throat), Amber, Smokey, and Misty. After I left home, my parents had a cat named Felix until he presented them with a litter of kittens and became Felice. That said, I named my current cat Mingo, which I found on the Internet on a site of popular cat names. It rang a bell as back in the day, there was a TV program called Daniel Boone, and his Indian friend was Mingo. I loved it, and it sure was better than the name the humane society gave him - Eros. Can you imagine going around the house calling, "Eros, come here, Eros, where are you?"

christfawk

Keeps hobblin' along
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm a fan of very unique names, I had two foster kittens names "Shazbat" and "Nanu", from the Mork and Mindy show, and I had another group of siblings named Nougat and Jam, their mother was Pot Pie (there is a whole story behind it) Pot Pie mama was renamed Minerva, or Minnie for short by her new mother, and I'm happy with that too! I also knew a cat once whose name was "Robo-Germany", if you want to get totally outlandish.

I do have a weird obsession with naming animals after food for some reason, I admit it's totally weird. I want to name a future friend "Noodles" for example. I think any name that you can do something fun with is good, my Rudy is often call "Rudy-patootie baby boy". :)

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wanted a unique and awesome-sounding name for my cat too, and originally I named him Khal Drogo after the Game of Thrones character, but I called him buddy when I was still considering names, and I kept calling him buddy during regular conversations, like "Come here, little buddy!"

My friends and family agreed he seems like a Bud, that Buddy/Bud just fits him, so that stuck and became his name. It's not unique or original, but he truly is my best little Buddy.

Fast forward 1 year, 9 months, and we are inseparable. I work from home, so he's with me almost all the time. I never thought I would ever become this close to any animal, and he's my first pet. I really love the little guy.

raerae624

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here are some of the more unusual names in my menagerie...I had/have a pair of boys named Bo and Luke after the Dukes of Hazzard, a big fat stray female black and white cat named George (hey, she answered to it), a big sleek blue cat named Fez, a huge black cat named Mustafa, and a pair of shiny beautiful tortie sisters named Ella Fitzgerald and Foxy Cleopatra. I also have some extremely unoriginal names too but those aren't as fun!

luke

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I really like the names Peter and Edward for male cats. When I was searching around for a rescue kitten, I saw one named Drywall because he was found living in a wall. I was thinking of adopting him and naming him Evan; not sure why, but it seemed to fit that yellow tabby kitten. (Drywall is definitely a cute name, though)

We ended up getting two kittens from a couple of litters that were found abandoned and named them Samson and Juliet. My dad thought Samson was a name fit for huge dogs, not a kitten that fit in the palm of my hand, but now he's a very long, lean, extremely naughty and brave cat that lives up to his name.
Juliet is a small, dainty, sweet and easily frightened calico. It's a beautiful name for a beautiful cat.

And then there's Smokey, the gray cat. LMAO. My dad named her when we got her as a kitten years ago, but even then I thought it was cliche. I really love human names for cats, as well as unusual words/objects. For example, the YouTube-famous Cole and Marmalade.

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I once found a scraggly little, medium-haired, gray and white kitten in my yard, and I named him Merlin because he looked like an old wizard. The family that eventually adopted him had another cat named Minx, and they kept the name because Merlin & Minx sounded so cute.

Someday I want to name a cat Sir Purrcival, after Sir Percy in the Scarlet Pimpernel which was one of my favorite books growing up (and also because because it just sounds so fun).

Last edited: