Has Anyone Tried Pet Wellness Life Stress Scan Cat

laamonkey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am thinking about purchasing this kit from my local Pet Store. It's $130 though so I was wondering if anyone else had used this kit and how they felt about it. It is supposed to find food allergies and environmental allergies. You do the test in your home and mail it to them. They give you results in 10-14 days.
Has anyone tried this?
Thanks!

Geoffrey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am a human doctor, not a vet, but I am always suspicious of any advertisement where the term "Wellness" is used. I also do not believe that a home kit could find "food and environmental allergies" in a pet as a result of a home test that is mailed to the advertisers.

The very title: "Pet Wellness Life Stress Scan" means absolutely nothing to me.

Avoid this like the plague!
Geoffrey

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I too would avoid this. Finding allergies in cats is a process of elimination to find the culprit. You can often tell from symptoms if it is a food or environmental allergy. Food allergies in cats will often show up in the way that makes sense, gastrointestinal upset. They will also sometimes show up as reoccurring yeast infections in the ears. Itching and loosing fur on the belly and lower legs is often an allergy to the litter being used. Environmental allergies will often show up the same way as they do in humans, sneezing, stuffy nose and reddened eyes. Patchy hair loss and general itchiness is also usually environmental and is sometimes associated with a flea bite.

Oscar&Copper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I googled it and the first thing I read was "The Pet Wellness Life Stress Scan uses biofeedback, which has the ability to read the energetic resonance that emanates from the hair and saliva samples." What???? I know very little about TCM but how in the world would they read a cat's energetic resonance without meeting them? And how would a hair sample identify allergies? Sounds like hogwash to me...