Has Anyone Read The Mrs.murphy Series

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
by Rita Mae and Sneaky Pie Brown? It stars Mrs. Murphy, her cat friend Pewter, and her dog friend, who's name I can't remember at the moment. Anyhoo, the three animals help solve murders, and I ALMOST like this series better then THE CAT WHO series. ALMOST!

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

by Rita Mae and Sneaky Pie Brown? It stars Mrs. Murphy, her cat friend Pewter, and her dog friend, who's name I can't remember at the moment. Anyhoo, the three animals help solve murders, and I ALMOST like this series better then THE CAT WHO series. ALMOST!
Love the series. I've read them all some of them twice. The dogs name is Tee Tucker, usually just called Tucker. I also like THE CAT WHO series

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is undoubtly my favorite of my cat mystery book series. Mainly because not only do I love Ms. Murphy, Tee Tucker and Pewter but I love the character of Mary Minor "Harry". All the characters have such depth. More than my other series. If I had to rank my top three cat series it would be:

Ms. Murphy - Rita and Sneaky Pie Brown
Joe Grey Series - Shirley Rousseau Murphy
The Cat Who - Lillian Jackson Braun

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes, I like the JOE GREY series too. In fact I'm right now reading CAT CROSS THEIR GRAVES for about the fifth time.

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think I'll check the series out. I've read all of the Cat Who books at least twice, and I'm not sure when a newer one will come out, so I'd better find something to occupy my time.

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have finished 4 of the Mrs. Murphy series now. The first one I read (Claws and Effect) started with the animals talking and I had my doubts, but once I got into it, I really enjoyed it. I went to my local library and got all they had (7) and gave 3 to my mom. She, too, was at first put off by the talking animals, but ended up enjoying them. Now that I've finished all I have, I need to get the 3 I lent to my mom and read them.

Its funny, my mom turned me on to The Cat Who series, and now she likes the Mrs. Murphy series so much, she got online to get all of the titles, read about the author (who is a lesbian btw, and that explains a lot), etc. She is an avid reader like me.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are Ok but I prefer the Felidae series - somehow, though also about a cat detective, they are much more 'real' as to sensing how a cat would actually feel and behave.