Has anyone found a good replacement for the jumbo wonderbox?

Marni94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been using the disposable jumbo wonderbox forever, it seems. I had the 2 pack on subscribe and save. Then I guess about 2 years ago, they stopped making them. The regular wonderbox is too small for my Maine Coon, but I keep trying it and alternating it with other jumbo disposables. So far, none are comparable.

This morning I woke to pee over the edge of the regular sized wonderbox, so I am once again on the hunt.

I can't be the only one who loved this box and am looking for a comparable replacement. Has anyone found one? All the other jumbo options I try are too thin/weak and/or have zero odor control.

I'd love to find a comparable replacement!

Just for FYI: I use 2 disposable boxes, one has traditional scoopable litter and one has flushable tofu litter.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Marni94

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I may have to try these! The size is perfect, and they're disposable, but what is the odor control like? The paper based boxes really absorb and mask cat pee. I have a tiny house (800 sq ft) so odor control is a biggie!

Thanks for the recommendation!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I may have to try these! The size is perfect, and they're disposable, but what is the odor control like? The paper based boxes really absorb and mask cat pee. I have a tiny house (800 sq ft) so odor control is a biggie! Thanks for the recommendation!
I clean them and don't throw them away, but yes, they could be considered disposable - and certainly cheap enough! Due to my cat's illnesses, her main box is in our bedroom, and I have never noticed a smell from it. OK. maybe her poop, immediately after she goes but that is because she refuses to cover it (and pee for that matter)! I use Fresh Step litter, so maybe that helps.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have found that a pinch of baking soda mixed into the litter really adds to odor control.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! If you don't need a really high sided box, look into the one I got for my cat that isn't even a litter box. It measures 20"W x 26"L x 6"H. There is a similar one that is larger.
Creative Plastic Concepts Small Mixing Tub 20-in W x 26-in L x 6-in D Drywall Mud Pan in the Drywall Mud Pans department at Lowes.com
I use similar boxes and put them into cardboard boxes with one flap down. It creates the high sides that I need and the cardboard box is repurposed.