Has anyone ever used this product?

lozzie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Fiprofort Generic Frontline Top Spot from Petshed 

http://www.petshed.com/item/generic-frontline-top-spot

I'm typically very careful with the use of anything like this but we just can't seem to get rid of the fleas brought in on our newest kitty just using natural methods. 

They have been given Drontal for the tapeworms that she brought, oh joy! But if we can't break the flea cycle, I know they will be back. Help! 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no knowledge of this product so can't comment. It is for dogs though and I would not use this on a cat. Maybe they make one for cats and that is what you are speaking of. Hoping by bumping this up someone will have some info. on Fipofort.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lozzie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your concern and the bump up! I appreciate it very much. 

The one I was talking about is actually for cats. That scared me for a bit because I thought they advertised it wrong lol. 

But, when you go down to choose the size of breed, simply choose cat and it shows up correctly 

We've decided to go ahead and use brand name Frontline along with the Drontal for this month ... 

BUT if they still need protection after this month I would still love some information on whether or not other cat lovers would consider this a safe option. 

They have tons of good reviews for the product and of course I believe Petshed to be reputable, but still, it never hurts to have reassurance! 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh - yes - better to safe than sorry and double/triple check these types of brand and products before using them on our kitties. We never recommend using any OTC flea/deworming product on cats though. Best to go with the name brand to be very safe. :vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lozzie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I completely understand your point of view!

I would NEVER use OTC such as Hartz or Sergents etc .. but considering this was the generic form of Frontline, with the exact same ingredients .. 

I know for my family and I, we have used generic medications for years. The pharmacist rarely even ask if we would prefer generic or brand name. 

Given that, and as much as I love my cats, it's hard to rationalize why their health would be more important than ours ... 

But, as I said, for this month we have decided on Frontline and Drontal, from the vets. And hopefully after that flea season will be over! 

Thank you again, for your concern and your response! I do appreciate it very much!