Has anyone ever seen those weird cat paw stick things?

FeralDragonChild

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've seen some videos of people using some kind of glue stick looking thing on their cats paws.What the heck even is that 🤔

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeralDragonChild

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm assuming some kind of balm or lotion maybe???

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What do the videos say? Maybe if you share a video here on this site that might help? If it is on YouTube, you can copy the URL and use insert Media option to add. (The insert Media option is under the three dots in your post toolbar.)

FeralDragonChild

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Spookyspookuh on TikTok
I've seen some other videos where it's a stick too. I've just never seen anyone use something like that until recently.I think it's a thing in Japan too?

FeralDragonChild

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Who really knows. Some cats get dry paws for all sorts of reasons - they go outside on dry surfaces, for example. Mostly, cats don't need something like this until all medical related issues are ruled out.
Skin Inflammation of the Paws in Cats | PetMD
Yeah my cat wouldn't need it.He gets really gross ears that are itchy for him but the vet gave us something for that

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It says paw balm right at the start of the TikTok video. Not sure if it's a "thing" since it's on social media but paw balms are available in pet stores. It helps soothe cracked dry paws, much like lotion does for our skin. Sled dogs probably use a lot of paw balm since they're running in harsh conditions even with booties on.

FeralDragonChild

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It says paw balm right at the start of the TikTok video. Not sure if it's a "thing" since it's on social media but paw balms are available in pet stores. It helps soothe cracked dry paws, much like lotion does for our skin. Sled dogs probably use a lot of paw balm since they're running in harsh conditions even with booties on.
The video I saw originally I couldn't find and it hadn't said that