Has Anyone Else Gotten Jackson Galaxy's Book?

ExoticCatnip149

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I bought the book hoping it would have additional insight into what I'm experiencing with displaced aggression in my cat tribe. While the book does have a wealth of knowledge in so many areas, however, in this instance - there was more information in his free videos and blogs.

Also, and this is neither here or there...to conclude it with a (I'm paraphrasing) sometimes you will just have to make a switch from parent to foster parent (give up your cat) didn't sit right with me. Like the entire point is to avoid giving up a family member.

What are your thoughts?

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, and this is neither here or there...to conclude it with a (I'm paraphrasing) sometimes you will just have to make a switch from parent to foster parent (give up your cat) didn't sit right with me. Like the entire point is to avoid giving up a family member.
I guess sometimes when you've tried every possible solution, the best thing for everyone would be to find another home. I just recently thought about having to give up Artemis. I couldn't find a place to live ANYWHERE that would take 2 cats and 1 dog. I searched every possible decent place and no one would allow that many pets. I was either going to give Artemis to a friend who would hopefully give him back to me one day when I could move again, or I decided that I would decline this new job offer, file for unemployment, move in with my grandparents, and work on getting my teaching certificate, and maybe things would turn out differently and I could get a job somewhere else and look for an apartment in a different area.

My mom gave me her cat to take care of because my sister's dog Ben was starting to really go after her. He has really high prey drive and has attacked my dog before and has attacked another cat before. We worried for her safety and thought she would be better off living with me. However Kitty hated me and hated my cat Luna. She was miserable here and I basically was living with my house separated in two. So, she ended up going back to my mom's house and now they have their house divided in two. That cat lives in the basement and when my mom comes home she gets the kitchen too. And the dogs get the living room and upstairs. Kitty only likes my mom.

Most other people in those situations I think would have given away their pets, but we just went to extremes to keep them.