Has anybody used a belly band on a cat?

BoaztheAdventureCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My brother's cat Asher is a stubborn sprayer indoors. In the dog world, belly bands function much the same as underwear or diapers. The idea behind a belly band is that the dog gives himself a wet belly every time he marks indoors. My idea was to use a belly band on Asher so that if he sprays indoors, he'd give himself a wet belly instead. My hope is that it would only take a time or two of him giving himself a wet belly for him to decide that he'll never spray indoors again, but if he figures out that he can spray without any undesirable consequences when the belly band is off, my brother might just have him wear the belly band permanently indoors. Any thoughts on this?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BoaztheAdventureCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is he castrated? That would help if it is actualy spraying and not an accident due to medical issues.
Yeah, he's neutered. He was neutered as a kitten. He's been an indoor sprayer for years. It's not a medical issue.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
You meantioned he does not get along with another cat in the household too. That could be part of why he is doing it, it also could be anxiety, pressence of an outdoor animal, smell on your clothes etc.

I do not think a belly band would work on a cat due to their anatomy being totaly different from a dog. Their penis is at the back not the front.

I have heard of stud pants for cats, looks like a bananna hammok for cats. No idea how well they work though or how cats relieve themselves (in the box) with it on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BoaztheAdventureCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You meantioned he does not get along with another cat in the household too. That could be part of why he is doing it, it also could be anxiety, pressence of an outdoor animal, smell on your clothes etc.

I do not think a belly band would work on a cat due to their anatomy being totaly different from a dog. Their penis is at the back not the front.

I have heard of stud pants for cats, looks like a bananna hammok for cats. No idea how well they work though or how cats relieve themselves (in the box) with it on.
Interesting. Thanks for mentioning those things. Yeah, there are many outdoor cats always coming and going. We live on almost two acres of land in the countryside, so it's not like we can make the outdoor cats stop coming. Could you link here the "stud pants" for cats? I've never heard of such a thing.