Hartz Ultraguard Plus Flea & Tick Home Spray Thoughts?

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever used this brand before?

I am having problems with a little bit of fleas. Its not a serious infestation but I'm scared that it will become a serious problem soon since fleas do multiply quickly.

I wanted to try home remedies but my mom is against any of it like using salt and all. SHE WANTS ME TO USE BUG SPRAY THAT ALSO KILLS FLEAS BUT I'M STILL A BIT SCARED BECAUSE ITS SMELLY. MIGHT AFFECT THEM.

We have a really tight budget at tbr momeny soooo its TOO STRESSFUL.

I have 1 momma cat and 5 kitties that are almost 5 weeks old and I'm worried for their health if the fleas stay longer.

I do flea comb them but barely catch any on the kittens even though i see them scratching.

I already bought dawn for bathing them after getting rid of fleas from the rooms.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
There is a website called hartzvictims.org which is dedicated to alleged fatalities from Hartz flea products. I have never used Hartz in anything, so have no first hand experience.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I am using Adams Flea & Tick Spray (along with Feeby taking Adv II topical flea treatment), but I won't use it in a room where Feeby is because it smells very, very strong when first sprayed (alcohol smelling). Once it dries (not long), you can't smell anything. I use ceiling fans to help dry the carpeting/fabrics faster and to more quickly clear the air. It has IGR in it (Insect Growth Regulator) which is key in helping kill off the larvae/eggs. So, whatever you use, make sure it contains IGR.

I like this web site (see link below) for information about fleas and ways to get rid of them - it also has some recommendations about what products to use.

FleaScience

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There is a website called hartzvictims.org which is dedicated to alleged fatalities from Hartz flea products. I have never used Hartz in anything, so have no first hand experience.
well, i was thinking that this one is safer since its not supposed to be sprayed directly on the pet. It's supposed to be sprayed on furnitures.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi. I am using Adams Flea & Tick Spray (along with Feeby taking Adv II topical flea treatment), but I won't use it in a room where Feeby is because it smells very, very strong when first sprayed (alcohol smelling). Once it dries (not long), you can't smell anything. I use ceiling fans to help dry the carpeting/fabrics faster and to more quickly clear the air. It has IGR in it (Insect Growth Regulator) which is key in helping kill off the larvae/eggs. So, whatever you use, make sure it contains IGR.

I like this web site (see link below) for information about fleas and ways to get rid of them - it also has some recommendations about what products to use.

FleaScience

THAT its so expensive here HAHAA.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
well, i was thinking that this one is safer since its not supposed to be sprayed directly on the pet. It's supposed to be sprayed on furnitures.
Adams can be used on pets, but I would never do that regardless.

THAT its so expensive here HAHAA.
Yes, I guess it is. I think we pay $25 for a 32 oz bottle.

HelloNingNing

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Adams can be used on pets, but I would never do that regardless.

Yes, I guess it is. I think we pay $25 for a 32 oz bottle.
Its over $30 here in Canada, which is why i was looking at the HARTZ furniture spray.