Harnesses problem

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gary O

Mad Cats
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, I thought that was his game as well, but when I tried to loosen it a bit, I found that it was biting into his legs. I have ordered a bigger one; his got the benefit of the doubt, but he won't get away with it twice lol

misterginja

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The type of harness helps & you need your cat completely comfortable wearing a harness inside the house first. I like the Velcro vests like the kitty holster for ease of putting on/taking off.

Have I mentioned lots of treats, every time you take the harness off? Food and play while he wears the harness inside the house, to distract a bit, can help. Have you tried 3-5 temptations treats in Timmy’s favorite flavor when you take the harness off?

Here are pictures of Jackie in his kitty holster harness (yes even as a kitten) & his brother Nick in purple. I trained them to wear a vest in the house, then to drag a short leash around the house & then let them go outside. Jackie sleeps, eats, rolls around, walks/runs & even climbs trees in his harness. It just takes times and patience (measure your cat before you buy a harness.)
I just wanted to put in my vote for the Kitty Holster Harness with velcro, it's what I also use for my cat and he's never gotten loose from it (and he's strong, taking 2-3 people to hold him down during vet exams). If it helps Gary O, here's a direct link to the product, I believe they ship overseas. The leash they sell also works quite well with it, at least for us it does : )
https://crazy-k-farm.myshopify.com/collections/cats/products/kitty-holster-cat-harness-made-in-usa