Hare Today

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My first order from Hare today just arrived!!!! I placed a 3-day order with extra ice packs. It arrived all the way from PA still frozen.I was nervous about that as I am in California.

I ordered Rabbit, Turkey, Chicken and Pork. I also ordered some boneless chicken breast and turkey thighs to cut the bone content as well as ground chicken organs. For chewing I got duck hearts and Venison chunks.I threw is some catnip balls for good measure. I am very excited to put all this together in the morning.

It is a good thing I have lagged behind in grocery shopping lately as we no longer have much room for people food in the freezer. I really have to get a freezer for the cat food. I still have about 4 lbs of raw food in the freezer so my kitties are going to be well stocked for a couple months. I use the Alnutrin which makes it all very easy. I will let you all know what the kitties think of their new food.

silverpersian

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Join the club! We bought a freezer for the kitty, but I looked at our other freezer this morning and realized that kitty has taken over half of that too

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, after feeding Ritz prey model raw for three years, I *finally* broke down and bought a freezer. Found it at a community wide yard sale for $50. Craigs List is a good resource too. Now I can stock up when I find meat on sale and has been further reduced by 30 to 50% because it is at its "sell by" date.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hope to get a freezer for the cat food this week. I have a huge freezer/ fridge but I now have about 30 lbs of cat food in there and that doesn't leave much space for the humans . Remy has been so sick and what with going back and forth to the vet I have been short on funds. There hasn't been much on craigslist to choose from. I just missed a great deal a couple weeks ago so I check every day .

I made all the food Thursday. The cats really love the Rabbit and the pork. They also love the Duck Hearts and Venison cubes. Tomorrow I will give them the Turkey and the Chicken. I think the next time I order from HT ( provided I get a freezer) I will order far more.

My brother is adopting 2 kittens tomorrow. I am talking to him about starting them on raw.I spoke of the health benefits and money savings. He is a very busy guy so I said that I would put all the food together for him. I hope he tries. I am worried he will go with kibble. I am going with him to get the cats tomorrow and I will give him a couple mason jars of food that I have made. Cross your fingers. I would love to know he was starting 2 month old kittens on raw.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maureen brad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just to update- I got my freezer . It is 4.3 cubic feet and an upright. I love it! I can't wait until HT opens for orders again so I can stuff it full.I had run out of food last week ( poor planning) so I had to buy a few bags of commercial . That's ok but I actually can't wait to start mixing up my own again. I still have not made all the chicken and turkey I got. It was just to hectic at Christmas as it was my turn to host the big family holiday. Now that it is over I will go to Whole Foods tomorrow and see if they have some liver.

I had to put the freezer in my home office. The plan had been that it would be out on the back patio ( it is covered) but I forgot that we have no electrical outdoors. My husband says he can fix that in the spring but the freezer is so quiet I think we should leave well enough alone and just leave it in my office. The cats already jump from the cat tree to the top of the freezer and then to the bed thang ( is that a word?) that I have set up for them in there. As J. Galaxy would say they have " a cat super highway"!