Hare Today changed Label of Alnutrin

sandyshores

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been using Alnutrin with Egg Shell Calcium as the supplement for ground raw chicken for a while. The directions called for ground chicken, liver, alnutrin and water. I was running low so I ordered another package from Hare Today. The directions have changed - instead of giving you the amount of ground meat, liver, Alnutrin and water to add (in grams), they now ASSUME you are also buying their packages of ground organs rather than you buying liver yourself so their directions call for adding "ground organs with liver." And they have everything in "scoops" or pounds/ounces, rather than measuring out in grams. Depending on how tightly you pack the "scoop" you can come up with different weights of the alnutrin. I talked with Alternative Nutrition (the company that makes Alnutrin) and they said it is the same mixture of Alnutrin, but Hare Today has adjusted the directions to go with what they sell. Luckily I still had the old package with the directions for ground meat, liver, alnutrin in grams so I just cut that out and pasted it over the Hare Today instructions. So anyone that has bought the new package from Hare Today and is confused here is what is on the original package if you want to buy your own liver rather than buy the "ground organs" from Hare today. For 2 pounds ground chicken, 13.4g Alnutrin, 28.4g liver (note that is 3% liver, I personally double that to 56.8grams). I am going to buy a package today from Alternative Solutions (https://www.knowwhatyoufeed.com/alnutrin_supplements.html) just to confirm that what you get from them is the old label and Hare Today has indeed changed the label to get people to buy their ground organs.

BaileyCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The Hare Today directions, on their version of Alnutrin, do mention using their organs. BUT it is good to know. I don't know if I would have noticed the difference. Maybe a scoop being included, might have made me read the directions, buuuuut maybe not. Thanks!

Snip:
(Using our Ground Organ mix with a 67% Meat / 0% Bone / 33% Organ, keeping in mind that Hearts and Gizzards are considered muscle meats for feeding purposes and Liver is a secreting organ.)
I don't buy Hare-Today's organ mix. I buy ground and liver separately. I also buy Alnutrin directly from the company. I believe it is quite a bit cheaper, even with the shipping fees. I feed a pet family of 8 raw, so I buy several packages at one time. :) I've received a discount a few times also. My last order was 5 packages, and they refunded me $9.00.

The directions, on the packages from Alnutrin (knowwhatyoufeed.com), haven't changed. Measure by grams, not a scoop. I'm not comfortable with scoop measuring either.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandyshores

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I just got the package I ordered from the company and it hasn't changed. And you are right, it is cheaper from the company than buying from Hare Today! I wrote the company and they confirmed Hare Today requested different label instruction on their packages.