hard cat food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

immortalflower

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, it someone is wondering about tricks to getting cat vomit stains out of the carpet, I have actually discovered that windex works better than carpet cleaning sprays and soaps.

kathleen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,

As long as your vet says your kitty is healthy, wet canned food is fine for cats. I live with two kitty's that have lower urinary tract disease and though they love dry food, it has always brought on an episode. Because of that, they eat stictly a premium canned food. Canned food also has a higher water content than dry food, thus supplementing their water intake keeping the urine dilute.

IMO, ingredients to avoid in canned and dry foods are meat by-products, meal and bonemeal, dried animal digest, poultry by-products, dried liver digest, fish by-products, fish meal, chicken by-products, liver glandular meal and poultry by-product meal. Some of your premium dry foods contain some of these ingredients and perhaps your kitty has a food sensitivity to one of them.

I hope this has been of some help. All my best.
Sincerely,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

immortalflower

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just thought I would update everyone on my cat and his hard cat food problems.

I have been trying Arcana cat food, for the longest time he refused to eat any at all. This past week or so he has started eating it and has not vomitted at all. I think I might have found a cat food that works at long last.

Unfortunately, my cat is at the animal hospital preparing for a lumpectomy he is having tomorrow (I wrote about that in another thread).