Happy Story!

FriendofFerals

Cat Mommy
Young Cat
Purraise
There are so few happy stories out there it seems sometimes for our furry feral and semi feral friends...I feed and care for 8 ferals and semi-ferals at the horse farm where I board my horse, and I am out there daily with them. When I can't be there (rare!) I pay someone to put out food and clean water for them.

So one of the boarders released two cats (one black and one grey from what I heard) and I never saw either of them for a month or so. They were taken from a home where a lady had 50 cats and she had to go to an assisted care facility and this boarder rescued 2 and released them at the barn, hoping for the best.

Ok I was like...NOOOOOOO!!! We already have a healthy colony of 8 cats that all get along and know their place and introducing two more would be a strain on the community (and me!)

Well the grey one started showing up at food time but was very wary of people. He would not eat if I was nearby and if I saw him eating he would take off into the woods. 2 weeks later he's on the porch with the others. 1 week later he's letting me pet him. 1 week after that I'm picking him up, and he's falling asleep in my lap. He is maybe 9 months a bit skinny but healthy and needs to be neutered.

So....my neighbor just lost her cat of 16 years who I often took care of for her when she was out of town. I gave her a flash drive with all the videos and pictures I'd taken over the past 6 years of dear "Shadow" and mentioned that I had several adoptable kittens and younger cats at the barn if she knew anyone looking (she's moving out of state this month). So she calls and asks if I have any pictures of the Russian blue kitten I'd mentioned and I said no, but I can get pics and videos today! Did that, sent, and the next morning I got a call from her friend who was interested because she had a full grown Russian blue female already.

Next day, she met me at the house, we went to the farm, caught Mr. Sweet Pookums really fast and away he went to a home with two big momma cats and all the food and soft sleeping places he could ever dream of. She texted today to say he loves the house, is happy and she will be taking him to the vet to be neutered shortly.

I miss my little lap cat buddy, but so SO happy for him!

Sweet kitten.JPG

kittychick

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Always SO nice to hear happy stories!!!!!! (wish there were more!) I'm sure you do miss Mr. Sweet Pookums - - - but how wonderful that he's now got a wonderful, loving, safe indoor home with someone to give him 24/7 love and care!!! Woohoo!!!!!

We've got a colony FULL of the grey/Russian blue colored kitties (all are that color but ONE - -who's black with white toes :)) - - - so two of our grey TNR sweeties (who look like they could be related to Pookums!) - - Aspen is our tiny boy who loves to climb (he's on the fence), and Sookie is in the other pic (she's such a sweetie - - this was her saying "I missed you" and cuddling up to my shoe (and claiming me I'm sure!) after we were gone for two days- - - they both say WOOHOO for Mr. Pookums! And yeah for you for being such a caring supporter of kitties who need help outside!!!!

Attachments