Happy Gotcha Day Spence and Katie (3 years this week)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://www.thecatsite.com/t/226609/todays-the-day-kittens

I can't believe that it's been 3 years since Spencer and Katie came to live with me and Abby.

After 3 years, Abby doesn't seem to mind the twins unless they butt in on her cuddle session with me, then she gives them a hiss.  She tolerates Katie way more than she does Spencer.  I sometimes see Abby and Katie sleeping in the same cat bed next to each other (but not cuddling). I never see Spencer with Abby, and I do see Abby stalk (not in a playful way) or stare down  Spencer from time to time, but it's mostly peace and harmony.

Their personalities have changed somewhat since they came home.  Spencer loved to be cuddled and held on his back in my arms (like a baby), while getting his tummy rubbed.  He's way bigger now (17 pounds), so it's not so easy to hold him like a baby now because of the spillage over, lol,   but he still loves belly rubs.  He doesn't easily let me pick him up; he plays coy and flops down just out of my reach.

Katie on the other hand was not at all cuddly as a kitten.  She didn't like to be held.  Now she doesn't mind being held, so long as I just support her body and not hold her, and let her go as soon as she wants to go.  Yesterday she spent 15 minutes or so letting me cuddle her at my computer desk, while she "sat" on my arm against me. Abby on the other hand loves for me to wrap her up in my arms in a bear hug.

Happy Gotcha Day my babies!!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, it seems so hard to believe that they've been with you for three years already. And Spencer is 17 pounds! Wow, Spencer, such a big boy you are! I'm glad Katie lets you cuddle with her. 

Happy Gotcha Day, kids! You have a great home!