Happy Gotcha Day, Larry!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe another year has passed. It seems as though Larry has been with me for ages! But it was 5 years ago this shy, black and white bundle of fur came into my life. He's graced me with his feline friendship, and I feel ever-so grateful. He constantly makes me laugh, and he's there when I'm feeling blue. I love him bunches!

So, Happy Gotcha Day to my little buddy....may we have many years together!! :heart3::rub:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Where does the time go? I could swear you just posted a happy gotcha day for Larry.

:wavey: :party4: :party2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the good wishes!! Larry got a little extra food last night, and a treat. :nod:

Where does the time go? I could swear you just posted a happy gotcha day for Larry.
:wavey: :party4: :party2:
I know! Right?! :D

I stalked your old posts for more info about Larry.
Found this:
http://www.thecatsite.com/t/225920/happy-gotcha-day-larry
Happy Gotcha Day Larry and many more!!
You're quite the charming handsome fella!
Aww, thanks. Yup, he was born on the streets of Brooklyn, rescued by a rescue group there, and he was a true "foster-failure", in that I could not ever see giving him up - and that was after only a week....LOL!

aeevr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the good wishes!! Larry got a little extra food last night, and a treat.

I know! Right?!

Aww, thanks. Yup, he was born on the streets of Brooklyn, rescued by a rescue group there, and he was a true "foster-failure", in that I could not ever see giving him up - and that was after only a week....LOL!
My first 2 cats were Brooklyn ferals, hence my interest.

Well... the first one was probably a stray for like an hour... she was ridiculously friendly and clean.

The second one was a bona fide feral.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first 2 cats were Brooklyn ferals, hence my interest.
Well... the first one was probably a stray for like an hour... she was ridiculously friendly and clean.
The second one was a bona fide feral.
Awwww.

It took Larry awhile to warm up, and he still goes running for the closet to hide if anyone else comes in the apartment. His sister (who died from FIP 5 months after I adopted them both) was sort of the leader of the two. She was the first to venture into the rest of the apartment, and he would follow. Anything she did, he did. But I wasn't able to pick him up and cuddle him until after she passed on. She was very cuddly, though, and very adventurous.

But now he's a total marshmallow with me..... but only with me. I think he believes I'm another cat. :D

aeevr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This was 1989 - no rescues, no TNR.

We planned and executed the capture of the feral, Shadow, who was living in an abandoned car outside our building.

She spent 3 months living under my parents bed, finally decided we weren't going to eat her and became a shy little lovebug.

She NEVER wanted to leave the house EVER again.

Last edited:

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was 1989 - no rescues, no TNR.
We planned and executed the capture of the feral, Shadow, who was living in an abandoned car outside our building.
She spent 3 months living under my parents bed, finally decided we weren't going to eat her and became a shy little lovebug.
She NEVER wanted to leave the house EVER again.

Awwwwww!! :heart3:

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Gotcha Day, Mister Fluffy Larry!

Wow, I've been MIA on here for some months, but just checked in and saw the thread title and thought "Is that THE Larry???" And it is! Looking as handome as ever!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise