Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Happy Gotcha Day Honeybunny!

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Reaction score
When i found you you were a lil worse for wear, and i was not looking for a pet... but i couldnt just leave you. So i took you home, thinking i'd find a shelter to take you to in the next few days.

Two years later.... youre still here, keeping my pillow warm :)
20191001_145527.jpg

I went to give her scritches and she pulled my hand closer and fell back asleep! Lol i was stuck that way for 10 mins til she moved again :p

20191001_145711.jpg

I'm so glad i found you, and even happier that i kept you <3 i promise you'll always have a sagfe, comfy place to sleep :)

20191001_145955.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Reaction score
Mer.kitten Mer.kitten -- Can you tell us more of her origin story? Looks like she is all black. Attractive!
Sure :) Oct 1, 2017 i was driving in downtown San Francisco (i live here), and pulled over for a phone call, next to a vacant lot. Ater the call i was about to drive off when i saw something black moving in the empty lot and realized it was a kitty. I almost never see cats, stray or otherwise, in downtown sf. Yes, on the outskirts which are more burb-like, some do let their cats out, but put it this way-in the 2 years since i found her. I havent seen another cat downtown. So i was pretty sure she was a stray. I got out to look closer and saw she looked a little rough and scroungey. She didnt want to come to near me tho. I went and g ot some beef jerky, and that got her to come to me :)

She seemed really sweet, so i tried picking her up and taking her to my van. She started struggling at tje last minute but eventually i got her in my van. My plan, like i said, was to take her home til i could find a shelter.

But as soon as the van started moving she staryed freaking out. I needed a carrier. It was a cool day and Target was only 15 mins away, so i knew she'd be ok-i cracked the windows and left her in the van and ubered to Target to get a carrier-and they didnt freaking have one! I was like f---, now what? So i bought a big dufflebag, brought it back, and put her in it, and bless her heart, she didnt struggle too much or get mad or scratch or bite.

I drove to my house, reassuring her the whole wa y, got home, put her in the bathroom with a plate of tuna and a towel to lay on, and just left her alon.e for an hour so we could both settle down.

I came back and checked on her, food was gone and she was just chillin, so i let her in the rest of the house.

I was like, tomorrow i'll look up shelters. But when i got home from work that day she was so happy to see me, hopped in my lap, ect, and i just couldnt do it.

That day i got a litterbox and some cat food (i'd been giving her tuna) and was like, welp, i guess ive got a cat :)

Vet says she was 2 or 3 when i got her.

Sleeping next to me, with her head on my pillow
19-09-22-23-52-18-908_deco.jpg

Falling asleep sitting up in her box
20191001_033628.jpg

Being photogenic
20190922_205817.jpg

Being comfy
20190921_070137.jpg

20190918_003927.jpg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
When i found you you were a lil worse for wear, and i was not looking for a pet... but i couldnt just leave you. So i took you home, thinking i'd find a shelter to take you to in the next few days.

Two years later.... youre still here, keeping my pillow warm :)View attachment 302123

I went to give her scritches and she pulled my hand closer and fell back asleep! Lol i was stuck that way for 10 mins til she moved again :p

View attachment 302124

I'm so glad i found you, and even happier that i kept you <3 i promise you'll always have a sagfe, comfy place to sleep :)

View attachment 302125
A big, beautiful, happy belated Gotcha Day to you, Honeybunny and Mer.kitten Mer.kitten -- one of my favorite floofy panfur beauties! May you enjoy many, many more, in safety, good health, happiness, and Love! :yess::cloud9::blackcat2:

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Reaction score
Sometimes the cat picks you... what a great story, and a happy ending for the kitty! I believe it was Leonardo da Vinci who called the cat "Nature's masterpiece"---and he was right, LOL. Funny how a cat can go from scruffy to beautiful with just a little love from a new master... er, I mean butler. :petcat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Sometimes the cat picks you... what a great story, and a happy ending for the kitty! I believe it was Leonardo da Vinci who called the cat "Nature's masterpiece"---and he was right, LOL. Funny how a cat can go from scruffy to beautiful with just a little love from a new master... er, I mean butler. :petcat:
Yeah! And unlike humans and a lot of other species, cats stay captivating, beautiful, graceful and elegant for life!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Reaction score
A big, beautiful, happy belated Gotcha Day to you, Honeybunny and Mer.kitten Mer.kitten -- one of my favorite floofy panfur beauties! May you enjoy many, many more, in safety, good health, happiness, and Love! :yess::cloud9::blackcat2:
Thank you so much, HB sends headbutts your way :) =^..^=

Sidewinder

"Say what, crackerhead?"
Alpha Cat
Reaction score
Yeah! And unlike humans and a lot of other species, cats stay captivating, beautiful, graceful and elegant for life!
Well, I must admit I lost my youthful charm, it fell off the back of a truck about a million miles ago, LOL... same for the elegance, and I DEFINITELY was more graceful as a skateboarder in my teens and 20s, but PUH-LEEZ don't call me UGLY!!! :eek:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! If you do, I'll sic my cats on you... look for them to roll up in a dark sedan with tinted windows, and take special note of their thuggish suits and violin cases, LOL. :blackcat2:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Reaction score
Well, I must admit I lost my youthful charm, it fell off the back of a truck about a million miles ago, LOL... same for the elegance, and I DEFINITELY was more graceful as a skateboarder in my teens and 20s, but PUH-LEEZ don't call me UGLY!!! :eek:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! If you do, I'll sic my cats on you... look for them to roll up in a dark sedan with tinted windows, and take special note of their thuggish suits and violin cases, LOL. :blackcat2:
You're talkin' to someone whose ancestor worked for Capone and whose other ancestor was reportedly related in some way to Clyde Barrow. :insertevillaugh: