Handmade Items for Cats and Kittens; any suggestions?

tweetykiss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi I love to do knitting, crocheting, weaving and sewing as well as all other arts and crafts.  I am a proud cat lady of Avalon, Cammie, Tamara, and Mariah.  I want to make things for them that they can wear and enjoy although I know Avalon won't wear anything.  I also want to make cat toys.  Any suggestions?

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could totally sew together your own little mouse toys or catnip toys! Blankets and beds for them would be a hit too.. Making things the cats can wear are hit or miss. If they will wear it, you can make crochet cat collars. Pinterest has some really need ideas - one I didn't even think of is just crocheting or sewing fabric around a tube with a bell or something and making a kicker for them!

Have you considered doing stuff like this on Etsy? A lot of people really like homemade and crafted stuff!

Last edited:

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about some balls/cubes for toys? Not yarn balls as in just rolling yarn, but toys that knit and then stuffed. Just make sure the yarn is secure and doesn't unravel because there are dangers from yarn being stuck in the throat.

I made 9 blocks with an embossed pawprint in it, then bound them together to form a square cat mat, polar fleece on back.

http://www.knittingknonsense.com/pawprintcloth.html