Hairy paws

kencolleen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hello. my Mr. McGoofy is strictly an indoor cat. so the bottom of his feet have lots of hair that cover the pads. I was wondering the safest and best way to shave it. I was thinking I have an electric razor with a shield guard. one of the smooth one like a mens razor. It won't hurt the paw. Should I leave the hair? he loves the new tablet games I got for him but he cannot play because the hair gets in the way. I would love him to be able to catch that mouse. Lol this is the first time I found something for him to play with that he's actually interested in. otherwise he's too smart for everything else. the hair almost completely covers his pads. any thoughts on this would be wonderful

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There is no reason you can't just trim the excess hair enough to give his pawpads a chance to touch the ground.  You do not need to trim between the toes (that might be prickly and a little hard to do) but just slide the hair to the side of the pads until you can see the pads and use small blunt-tipped scissors to trim the hair back.  Then he will have traction on the floor an be able to play video games.  Also, don't forget to keep the claws trimmed also!  Check out the Ultimate Touch Cat Claw Clipper currently shown on the right of your page here. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kencolleen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I took a small paper scissors and cut the hair that was covering his paws. I started cutting his nails right away after he got used to me touching his paws. I keep them regularly trimmed. so it wasn't hard for him to let me cut the hair. Thanks for the help. Oh yeah he can play his games now and love them. I have to compete with my tablet. He starts knocking it out of my hand when he wants you.. thanks bunches:wavey: