Hairballs And Hairballs Oh My!

DaysinMaine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat keeps throwing up hairballs almost every day. It doesnt help that our home is all carpeted. I'm not even sure how to clean this up. It's in what is going to be the spare bedroom but my goodness there is a lot of puke. I tried cleaning it up everyday but then figured out if i let it try a bit its way easier to get out...any idea why he's doing this? He is a medium haired cat but I hardly ever see him grooming. there are little balls and bits of hair in the puke so I'm sure that it's hairballs.

Thank you

Hannah Davison

Wile

Opener of cans
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Hannah, can you take your cat to the vet to get him checked out? It is very unlikely that your cat is puking due to a hairball every day. Most cats don't throw up hairballs that often. There is probably some kind of underlying health problem that is irritating his stomach.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes,vet. That is way too much. Meanwhile, laxatone,brush every day,hair ball treat after brushing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DaysinMaine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I do see hairballs in his throw up... so I'm really not sure what to think. I will make him a vet appointment.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A true hairball looks kind of like a hairy Tootsie Roll with little liquid or other stuff. Little bits of hair along with clear liquid or food typically indicates something else and needs a vet exam.