Hairball Question- new owner!

IkeaMonkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all!

I have posted a few times in the past three weeks for guidance with my 3 year old rescue, Rocky.

In the short time I’ve had him, he has had some
play aggression and other aggressions I haven’t pinned down yet.

Yesterday and today were especially bad attacks and I was really getting worried.

Now, he just threw up all his food with hair balls in it. I’m a new owner and have never seen a hair ball!

I already called the vet and they have no openings before our scheduled first appointment on August 6.

Reaching out here for help. What can I do to make him more conformable and prevent this? I already brush him daily. I might need to get a better brush to get his undercoat, like a furminator.

Also, do you think this could connect to his behavior issues?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IkeaMonkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just an update, he already just bit my ankles again. It’s getting difficult to ignore it- ouch!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's some info about how to treat hairballs: How Best to Manage Hairballs

Store bought hairball remedies are common. These are typically gels. Some people give a dab of Vaseline / petroleum jelly.

I doubt the hairballs has anything to do with the aggression. Were you given any history of the cat's previous home(s)? Abused or neglected cats often have behavior problems.

For playing and aggression, see these TCS articles:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IkeaMonkey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Here's some info about how to treat hairballs: How Best to Manage Hairballs

Store bought hairball remedies are common. These are typically gels. Some people give a dab of Vaseline / petroleum jelly.

I doubt the hairballs has anything to do with the aggression. Were you given any history of the cat's previous home(s)? Abused or neglected cats often have behavior problems.

For playing and aggression, see these TCS articles:

Thank you for all the resources!!

I was told that he was found as a stray and he wasn’t with a foster for very long. My apartment might be the longest he’s been inside in one spot.