Hair Question

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if this is a grooming or health question. I have a kitten that has thinner hair patches on his face giving
Him 'eyebrows.' When I first got him at 5 weeks he had barely any hair on his belly .... it looked grey because I could see his skin. He is flea free and most or all his belly is black fur now.
I asked the vet about his 'eyebrows' and she said some cats just have thin patches naturally. Has anyone ever had a cat that had this before? Sorry for all the pics it is hard to explain.
I adopted/fostered him at 5 weeks on Oct 14 .... he was de-flead that day and cherstin drop the next day IMG_6941.JPG
His belly Oct 22 it was starting to get slightly better
IMG_7063.JPG
His eyebrows and belly now:
IMG_7591.JPG
IMG_7539.JPG

IMG_7580.JPG

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my three cats had thin fur like that, and one other had "thinner" fur around that area, but it was not noticeable unless looking and petting him up close.

And what did he get into in last photo!!! lol!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Feeby doesn't have a lot of hair over her eyes, in the eyebrow area - and she does look like she actually has eyebrows because of it. I don't know if it has always been this way or not (since she is 14+ now), but could have been...

( Jem Jem - I think that is sun shining on the little kitten's face?!?)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Plus probably dirt from climbing under the couch or destroying something ;) you know how a litter of 3 month old kittens are.

Genesis123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have two cats with those thin areas. I have seen them scratch those areas -- I half-assumed that's why the areas were thin. It'd be hard to find a flea, or mites, on either, but scratching doesn't always mean fleas, or mites. (I always check my cats for mites, if I see them do that "quick scratch" of the "eyebrow area.)

kitty chew

Kitty chew
Adult Cat
Purraise
My black cat has them. My husband calls them speed stripes. She runs around a lot. My old black cat had them as well.
IMG_20160401_164027.jpg

weebeasties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think a lot of cats have thin hair in that area. It is a bit more noticeable on black cats because of the paleness of the skin next to the dark hair. Here's some not great pics of Buddy but it shows his thin hair.
20180529_172401.jpg

20180701_173856.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to know my baby boy isn't the only one with eyebrows/speed strips. Thank you :)