Hair EVERYWHERE....

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
George is a BIG fuzzy cat so hair is expected - but its everywhere!! I comb him as much as he'll let me. I need to take him in to be groomed but so far our schedules haven't jived. Has anyone had any luck with something to pick up the hair around the house?? I just finished laundry and all I saw was hair!
All suggestions appreciated

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do well at my house with a vacuum, a swiffer sweep and vac, swiffer duster and a sponge like pet hair lifter.

ms.blackie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Two words " ZOOM GROOM" buy this rubber brush and brush
the heck out of your cat. The more hair you remove
from the cat, the less it gets around. You can buy it at any
pet store. Mine loves it. It is rubber so you can
hurt them likes those metal combs. I try to get her brushed
up real good 3 days a week. I just go to town and brush
and brush down to skin, hair galore. I do wash my cat
in the spring to cut down on spring molting, but that is not a option
for everyone.
I buy those sticky rollers - 3M sheets, to go over the
areas like couch cover, cats bed etc. I do wash them but in between
I use the sticky rollers in between and and get the fur
removed.
Brenda

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard Furminators work really well to get of all the loose shedding (I believe the website says up to 90% of it). As for the loose hair...lint rollers, lint rollers, and more lint rollers! They tend to work for me.
Of course, I don't have any as-fluffy kits as George, so mzjazz2u's advice would probably work more efficiently.

tallulah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My house is the same, I have a huge fluffy ragdoll, I just vacuum everyday, and brush her everyday to try and get rid of the hair. Mind you it doesnt work

mdgirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've surrendered as well. I have 2 cats, one of which is a DMH which only occasionally lets me comb him. So yeah, fur everywhere. I vacuum once a week and use a lint roller on furniture, clothes. Heck, I have pretty long hair also, so between me and the two cats it's a losing battle.

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a Furminator and a Zoom Groom. They both remove the hair but static electricity gets it all over the bathroom. Then out comes the vacum and lint rollers. If you can use these outside. I can't cuz I'm not allowed to have cats.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zoom Groom, use it on cat, most love it.
After the cat, you can use the Zoom Groom on carpet, upholstery etc, works great there too.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I had 3 long hairs we had an air purifier, it caught a lot of the hair that floats around in the air.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zoom groom worked well, but Furminator even better for me. And, yes, now I brush a little every day and they love it. But, even so, amazing how much hair I pick up vacuuming weekly.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bought a Furminator yesterday. I then spent 3 hours furminating the 3 dogs & 9 cats.

Seriously....I got a garbage bag full of hair! That thing really does work. Yes, it's $$ but oh man....I don't know how I lived without it!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

george's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Everyone has great suggestions! I'm hoping someone can think of the "magical" product that will eliminate all unwanted hair (wishful thinking, I know! But think of the money you could make!!). It's amazing how much hair that's everywhere - even with all the cleaning, brushing, dusting, etc.... I love my Georgie so its worth it

oliverandmax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't know what kind of furniture you have, but I have 3 cats and one of my daughters temporarily staying with us.  We have a big microfiber sectional sofa and ottoman, to clean the fur (they all love to sleep on the sofa) off of this huge sofa, I take a clean sponge, the kind with the scrubby back, doesn't matter what kind from there, wet it, squeeze it to get as much water out as I can, then run it wherever the cats have hung out (everywhere microfiber or cloth), you will have to clean the fur off the sponge over and over, it picks up almost all of it, better than a vacuum.  

Try it on the furniture (fabric or microfiber), you'll love it.

littlewolf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
T
Two words " ZOOM GROOM" buy this rubber brush and brush

the heck out of your cat. The more hair you remove

from the cat, the less it gets around. You can buy it at any

pet store. Mine loves it. It is rubber so you can

hurt them likes those metal combs. I try to get her brushed

up real good 3 days a week. I just go to town and brush

and brush down to skin, hair galore. I do wash my cat

in the spring to cut down on spring molting, but that is not a option

for everyone.

I buy those sticky rollers - 3M sheets, to go over the

areas like couch cover, cats bed etc. I do wash them but in between

I use the sticky rollers in between and and get the fur

removed.

Brenda
This.

Also, if he's a nice floofy longhair you might as well make use of thar fur if you're the crafty type :3

oliverandmax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
 I have three cats, lots of cat fur, I use the sponges with the scrubby side, wet it, wring it out and run along my couch, picks up all the fur, clean the sponge and continue, have been doing this for years now, works very well on any surface