Hagen Zoe cat food

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone tried this brand before? I ran into WalMart today to grab some much needed antihistamines and of course found myself perusing the cat food for something new and/or on sale. This wasn't on sale, but I grabbed a box anyway. They're grain-free and are in pate form, but have some shreds sitting at the bottom. I mixed some into Kismet's regular food and she's eaten some. It smells pretty good and is very, very soft and moist.

As the box says, the containers are 80g or 2.8z each. Pictured here and below with a 5.5oz of Friskies and a 3oz can of Fancy Feast.

Kismet seems to like it fine, but it is also mixed with her regular food. I think it looks like a good food, but I can't justify the cost for the small amount. The box cost $5.27 (CAD), so divided by four containers, that's $1.32 per container or $0.47 per ounce. As someone who has set a budget of no more than $0.25 per ounce, this is too pricey for me. I may get it as a "splurge" food once in a while, but not a regular everyday food.

Has anyone else tried it?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What I don't really like is the second ingredient in the "pouch" is water.  First ingredient should always be a meat, and in this food, the first TWO ingredients are liquid.  Gives me paws