Had to turn down a kitty.

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
DH and I put our rescue Ragdoll to sleep last year but we've said we will get another one of these days. Well, my mother called this week and a friend of hers had a 10 wk old Ragdoll girl she was giving away and wanted us to have first dibs on her. Her pics are precious.

DH and I discussed it, considering the amount of money we are currently spending in medical, food and prescriptions for the ones we already have, we just couldn't swing another....even a kitten.

When the time is right, our Ragdoll will come to us. This just wasn't the right time.

Have u ever had to turn down a kitty? This girl wasnt in a desperate situation so it's a little different but still made me kinda sad to do it.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
If you mean has someone offered one, yes I have. But in similar situations. You know she'll get a home.

It's the ones I can't have that are in desperate need that rip me to shreds.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes because I have so many I am the go to person for a found cat/kitten.  I try to at least help find a place to fix the cat if needed but I had one....acquaintance that was BAD about ohhhh whats another cat.  Had to stop talking to.

Sadly there are so many cats:(  I feel I did my part for the ones I have and the ones I had.  I TNR all the ones around my house and try to focus on the ones I did help.