Had a scare this morning

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going out my front door for something, and Winnie my 100 pound golden just bolted out of the door. She has never attempted or done this before and she was running down our busy street very fast. She would not even stop when I was calling to her..So off I went running after her, and I caught her about 4 houses down the street. I grabbed her by the back of her neck and she didn't want to budge..I finally got her back inside..

It scared me to death!! I don't think had she gotten away she would have found her own way home. And I didn't have her collar on her because I just bathed her a bit earlier and I was waiting for her to dry completly...

At least now she is home and inside with her collar back on.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wonder what made her bolt .............. That has happened with my dog before, during Thanskgiving with over 50 people in the house. I think he was just scared. Do you think something scared her? Or maybe she was just feeling adventurous. Either way, Im so glad you got her back in the house.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may have gotten scared, I was putting a large TV out on my front porch (broken) for someone to pick up, and she may have "freaked out" about my struggling with the heavy load on my way out of the door..

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes that was probably it! Thats actually good to know that you probably wont have that problem again. Glad shes home safe and sound.