Guesses on cat breed! (One we know, one we don’t)

Destinyyymarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have two cats. One is a 4 month old kitten. The other is a 3 year old. Girl and boy. Satine and Professor. We were told our boy was full Siamese, he’s not, we did the cat dna test on the him years ago and got…. Interesting results. I’d love to see your guesses! As for the kitten we’re unsure, we were told ragdoll but personality wise we’re thinking something else. Love to hear your suggestions on her see if we get a consensus on what we thing she may be!
IMG_8258.jpeg
IMG_9828.jpeg
IMG_9826.jpeg
IMG_0705.jpeg
IMG_0955.jpeg
IMG_1287.jpeg
IMG_1091.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cats aren't generally a breed and even less likely to be a mix of many breeds, almost all cats are domestics so if you didn't get them from a breeder with pedigrees, that's what they are and would be described by their coat color and hair length. Cat DNA tests aren't breed tests, they are a for fun thing that supposedly is linking your cats dna to the closest breed family. If you were told these cats were purebred with no evidence, it's highly likely they were called that based on appearance only and are domestic lookalikes, the way every colorpoint domestic gets called a Siamese mix or people think tabbies must be Bengal mixes, or black cats Bombays. Although obviously Siamese are a short haired breed so that was a clear sign that cat cannot be one. Personality and appearance are not good ways to judge breed as most breeds were developed from the domestic population and all cats have very individual personalities.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Destinyyymarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats aren't generally a breed and even less likely to be a mix of many breeds, almost all cats are domestics so if you didn't get them from a breeder with pedigrees, that's what they are and would be described by their coat color and hair length. Cat DNA tests aren't breed tests, they are a for fun thing that supposedly is linking your cats dna to the closest breed family. If you were told these cats were purebred with no evidence, it's highly likely they were called that based on appearance only and are domestic lookalikes, the way every colorpoint domestic gets called a Siamese mix or people think tabbies must be Bengal mixes, or black cats Bombays. Although obviously Siamese are a short haired breed so that was a clear sign that cat cannot be one. Personality and appearance are not good ways to judge breed as most breeds were developed from the domestic population and all cats have very individual personalities.
Yes I understand that I’m not dumb I was just trying to post something fun

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The little one is an American Mewer! The shorter haired one is a spirit pointed Meowy!

Sorry. I think they are adorable! There has to be some sort of snowshoe? Himalayan? Rag doll??The longer haired one does look like you could have tossed him or her in with a litter of Rag Dolls I saw at work once. I personally think the shorter haired one has a slightly Egyptian look to her. I think they are stunning and cuddly looking!! Maybe they are American Cuddle Cats!!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think you were being called "dumb". Many people that post here are not well educated on the differences between well bred cats and domestics and the reasons why one isn't the other no matter how much it might appear to be.

Those of us who do know try to explain this to help people understand why this is and we assume if you post the question it's a serious question deserving of a serious answer,. Doing so isn't a commentary on anyone's intelligence - it's just explaining facts to those who might not be as well versed.

Destinyyymarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The little one is an American Mewer! The shorter haired one is a spirit pointed Meowy!

Sorry. I think they are adorable! There has to be some sort of snowshoe? Himalayan? Rag doll??The longer haired one does look like you could have tossed him or her in with a litter of Rag Dolls I saw at work once. I personally think the shorter haired one has a slightly Egyptian look to her. I think they are stunning and cuddly looking!! Maybe they are American Cuddle Cats!!
so the bigger one, the brown one, he had only short haired cats genes and that was it. Mostly a mutt and even though we met his very Siamese “parents” he had only trace amounts. We always guessed he was Ragdoll based on his coat, size, and overall features and personality. Dog like.
As for our girl, she was advertised as ragdoll. I honestly don’t care what she is either but now that we’ve had her we’re thinking Balinese and she’s super vocal. Also her fur hardly bugs my allergies at all.
Kinda funny their personality’s and looks turned out as what each other have been advertised as

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That is really interesting. Funny!! I think you have two excellent cats there. I have a domestic callabby ( made up name, calico with stripes) shorthair and a huge domestic tabby of some sort, medium hair. I am sure if I did the DNA testing on the big boy cat he would come back with Neanderthal!

Destinyyymarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is really interesting. Funny!! I think you have two excellent cats there. I have a domestic callabby ( made up name, calico with stripes) shorthair and a huge domestic tabby of some sort, medium hair. I am sure if I did the DNA testing on the big boy cat he would come back with Neanderthal!
Hahahaha I was surprised he didn’t have part demon in his dna 😂😂

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand what you mean. Call it a guessing game. I'm not very good. Maybe some symese in them? More than one dad. Cant even spell that right. Love the eyes.my 8 yr old is marble ice cream with chocolate chips,sprinkles,whipped cream,and dark chocolate down her back. Her eyes change color bronze to green

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
have you gone back since you did your dna test years ago on the one? I did a dna test on my long haired cat in the my profile pic in 2018 and he came back as 50% Abyssinian lol. he was for sure an orange cat. I went back and looked again more recently and they had updated their results. now he's come back with about the same amount ragdoll. (which does fit his looks (for the non pointed ones although I know that's fighting words to some people. but yah know, lol) and demeanor and size) and zero abby. still has a good siamese showing as well but I can reconcile that a LOT easier than abby. he's a non fat 15 pound cat...

Destinyyymarie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
have you gone back since you did your dna test years ago on the one? I did a dna test on my long haired cat in the my profile pic in 2018 and he came back as 50% Abyssinian lol. he was for sure an orange cat. I went back and looked again more recently and they had updated their results. now he's come back with about the same amount ragdoll. (which does fit his looks (for the non pointed ones although I know that's fighting words to some people. but yah know, lol) and demeanor and size) and zero abby. still has a good siamese showing as well but I can reconcile that a LOT easier than abby. he's a non fat 15 pound cat...
I did! And nothing has been updated since, maybe because they would like me to retest him? Was this on basepaws? I was thinking about getting my kitten a test and they have a deal when you buy two. But if you have a different dna test you use I would love to know!!

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I did! And nothing has been updated since, maybe because they would like me to retest him? Was this on basepaws? I was thinking about getting my kitten a test and they have a deal when you buy two. But if you have a different dna test you use I would love to know!!
yeah when I got my kittens tested I asked why it was a different report than dantes and they said he needed to be retested for the up to date information