Guess what?????

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats know their names and they know who's who. I think that's pretty good after only 3 weeks with me. This morning I woke up alone in bed (an unusal occurance in & of it self) Then I called Levi & he came running. Usually they both come when I call one name. So after I said good morning to Levi, I called "Where's my Jordan?" & then Jordan came running. It was so cool. I think they learned there names fast. They're my smart little boys.

glentheman20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cats really are very smart. Growing up, I never had any pets, and it was just cemented in my mind that animals weren't intelligent; I thought they just reacted on instincts. When I found Snowball, I kept calling her by that name but was never sure if she knew that it was her name or not. She's an outside kitty, and quite loving, so whenever I come outside she runs to greet me whether I call her name or not.

The other day I found out for sure she knows her name. I was playing with Junior, a feral kitten, and Snowball jumped the fence of my backyard to see what the fuss was about. Junior looked a little worried, so I said "Junior, it's okay." No reaction from Snowball. Then I said "Hi Snowball!" and she meowed at me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just so happy & excited that they know their names I wanted to share it with people who I knew would understand. I had Smokey for 17 years so of coarse she knew her name & I guess I wasn't sure how long it would take for them to learn their names, but I'm very excited. It also tells me they are bonding to me. I love them, but I've been longing for some sign that they know I'm Mom. When you've had a cat a long time you take for granted that they trust you & this has been a chalenge for me emotionaly because they don't trust right away & it was wonderful when they came to their names this morning.

superkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wooohooo!!
Glad to hear things are going so well! It IS so heartwarming when you see/hear progress. Hope they're helping to heal your heart.

Jordan and Levi for making your parent so happy