Guess My Mutts!

cryptic

Mama to Jinx and Java
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm curious on what you cat-savvy folk would guess my two mutts are - one is blue/fawn and the other is a tortie. (Is Tortie a breed?) No idea of either lineage, as one was found in a storm drain, the other a rescue from a kill shelter.
Pictures below!

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
abyeb abyeb - Is it just me or can you see a slight hint of British Shorthair in the Tabby? The shape of the head and eyes?
I see your point with the round eyes! I don't think the BSH ancestry would be super recently, the BSH head would be much wider. This beautiful tabby is also long-legged and muscular, where a BSH would be more toward the cobby body type.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I see your point with the round eyes! I don't think the BSH ancestry would be super recently, the BSH head would be much wider. This beautiful tabby is also long-legged and muscular, where a BSH would be more toward the cobby body type.
I agree the ancestry wouldn't be recent at all. I just wanted to see what you thought. I'm trying to get better on my breeds and your on it!...lol...@cryptic - They are both beautiful cats! abyeb is really good at this! I would go with that!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cryptic

Mama to Jinx and Java
Young Cat
Purraise
The blue one is Jinx, the tortie is Java. :) Good to know! I figured some kind of shorthair mutt for the two of them. Just your typical shelter kitties!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Bliue could get job as an stand in for Egyptian
Mau.