Guess My Dsh

Leoyna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_20170912_100340.jpg Hello, we recently got a little DSH kitten but since i saw so many threads asking how best to describe your cat i wanted to know what you think of mine. :) Shes 5 months now, and the sitting picture was 3 months.
IMG_20170831_144026.jpg
IMG_20171006_122515.jpg
IMG_20170911_135930.jpg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He could be compared to a pet quality Russian Blue of the Scandinavian type. Nice young cat!

Yes, eye color isnt good, and top os skull and face profile not ideal, Also, the ghost markings are visible. but what do you want from a pet quality look alike??

Besides, the skull may become better with time as he get older. One of my residents got his skull improved with time, so it happens.

Edit: Oh, its she, not he. Sorry!

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What is the correct coloring of his fur? The scandinavian RB are rather darkish blue (with silvery shimmer of course),
while the american type tend to be lighter, down to light liliac (and silver shimmering yes).

On first photo he looks darkish, on last phone quite lightish.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What an absolutely gorgeous little girl! There are several breeds taht could make up her lineage down the line, the first two taht come to mind are the Russian Blue and the Korat. With her long legs, large ears and a little longer face she definitely leans more towards the oriental breeds. This, in my experience, will bring about a LOT of 'talking', curiosity and energy. My boy is very high energy and the most personable (and stubborn) of our cats, he'll gently bite you, paw at your legs, and knock things off the table if he doesn't get his way! Praying you have many, many, years with your precious little girl!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leoyna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What is the correct coloring of his fur? The scandinavian RB are rather darkish blue (with silvery shimmer of course),
while the american type tend to be lighter, down to light liliac (and silver shimmering yes).

On first photo he looks darkish, on last phone quite lightish.
Its pretty darkish except when shes in the sun, cause it reflects light really well, so more like the first few ones in average lighting. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Leoyna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This describes her pretty well actually, even tho she only started gently biting and talking the past weeks. :'D She also opens Doors and the Wardrobe i store some of her Toys in. The mother was claimed to be Russian blue but since i didnt see any papers i dont think she was.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She could very well have some Russian Blue influence; her body and head type look very reminiscent to a Russian Blue! Without papers, though, she would be called a blue Domestic Shorthair, but you could also call her a Maltese cat, which is another name for a blue cat of indeterminate breed. She's beautiful for sure! :)