Guess it's time to clip his nails

sandithetortie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So our new kitty Mick Jagger was running back and forth on our headboard this morning, got freaked out by the alarm fell onto my Hubby's head and cut his ear, my hubby not Jagger. Ick.

Last edited:

guslizsid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
that is a great name! have you been able to do it? if so, how did it go? i have to towel wrap & slide mine on my lap under the table, but i get it done, without anyone getting injured each month.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandithetortie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
His buddy is Axel Rose.
My husband said not to, since he and Axel play a lot and Axel loves to body slam Jagger so he needs "defense" plus he'd just sharpen his nails again as soon as we cut em. He keeps em fairly sharp and short.

guslizsid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i don't know about needing 'defense', but, as long as he keeps them short enough(as in not to puncture his paw pads, which CAN happen), then i'm sure it's fine. my guys' grow fast & long :) when they start 'sticking' to things & puncturing us by accident, it's time! 

picklespepper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kittens' claws were starting to curl back on themselves and I was getting cut whenever they crawled onto my lap.  So I clipped them.  They struggled a bit at first with climbing but now they're running around like usual.  My old cat's claws would curl back on themselves too so I do think clipping is important.  They're still rather sharp so they can still defend themselves if they really need too.

anneno2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Years ago we had to station wagons named Lizardguts 1&2