Guess A Breed!

RequestKen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
0F501898-E755-46DE-B1E9-B43B98CA64CF.jpg V__EF8F.jpg WP_20170112_09_12_45_Rich.jpg V__EC96.jpg So here's a little game for all of you. My parents are the owners of a mixed breed cat. We know the breed of the mother (father is presumably your garden variety moggie) but can any of you guys guess it? Here goes!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I agree with the others- Maine Coon? He looks pretty big and has that muzzle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RequestKen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
his mother is indeed a Maine Coon, so you were right on the money :) unfortunately he has inherited none of that "gentle giant" temperament. He's just a big mean red tom haha.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
his mother is indeed a Maine Coon, so you were right on the money :) unfortunately he has inherited none of that "gentle giant" temperament. He's just a big mean red tom haha.
RequestKen RequestKen - Awww... he can't be that mean - he's just gorgeous, and no doubt mightyboosh mightyboosh would take him off your Parents' hands in an heartbeat; he's a beautiful fellow.

How old is he (and has he been neutered)? They do seem to calm as they age. My Norwegian Forest Cat, Bob:

bob35.jpg

Was a little temperamental as a 12 kg little baby kitty; now that he's grown into a 16 kg five-year-old, he's calm and gentle. He never even eats the other cats, though he will eat nearly anything else he can reach.

RequestKen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
he's 7 years old and neutered and while he has calmed a little, he still has that mean streak. He recently bit my father because he stopped petting him! He's family though, so in spite of being a bit of a jerk he's not going anywhere :)

that's a beautiful Norwegian. I always loved those.

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
he's 7 years old and neutered and while he has calmed a little, he still has that mean streak. He recently bit my father because he stopped petting him! He's family though, so in spite of being a bit of a jerk he's not going anywhere :)

that's a beautiful Norwegian. I always loved those.
Kind of you to say so. He was simply thrown away as a young adolescent by his past owner, as one would throw away an old pair of shoes. Pitiful world, isn't it?

RequestKen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got my own cat the same way recently. My former neighbors left him behind when they moved and I just thought "hey I want a cat, might as well take that one"

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"He recently bit my father because he stopped petting him"

This afternoon arnold was laying in my lap. I was stroking him. I stopped petting him while I typed on the computer. He reached up and batted my face very gently (no biting lol). I stroked him again. A few minutes latter, without realizing it, I stopped petting him and again he gently reached up with his big paw (he'sView attachment 194611 22 lbs) and again gently touched my face to remind me to keep petting him.....pure love and affection. Id give that boy my kidney.

IMG_0893.JPG

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Requestken.....sorry I accidently out a pic of my boys on your pic for your thread.

Computers arent my strong point. I havent figured out many of the features available on this site yet.