Growth on cat's paw?

GrumptyDumpty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Going to call the vet first thing Monday when they open ...
I just noticed this bluish, vascular looking growth on the lateral aspect of my boy's front paw. He is 15 years old and very lovey, and I am always holding his paws. He was also just at the vet a few weeks ago, I trimmed his nails for that visit as well and never saw it...so thinking it hasn't been there that long.
It is not an engorged tick because all of the borders are connected to the skin, no legs, etc. In the photos it kind of looks flatter than it does in real life, it is round and almost looks like he grew another toe bean, just bluer. It does not seem to bother him. It is definitely a skin growth - not fixed, it easily moves around and is not connected to bone.
Any similar experiences or thoughts? Our vet is awesome and I know she'll let me send her the pictures but in the mean time I would appreciate any input this community has!

Attachments

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have that looked at especialy considering his age. He probably needs it biopseied to rule out cancer. The good news is, if it does happen to be malignant cats adapt very well to amputation.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Definitely get that looked at and removed. May be a mast cell tumor, but there is no way of knowing without removing. I wouldn’t even do a fine needle aspirate, I would just have it removed and biopsy done ASAP. I wouldn’t worry though. Should be ok if removed. Once again no way of knowing without removing.
Color Cytology Atlas of Common Feline Skin Tumors

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GrumptyDumpty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. Definitely get that looked at and removed. May be a mast cell tumor, but there is no way of knowing without removing. I wouldn’t even do a fine needle aspirate, I would just have it removed and biopsy done ASAP. I wouldn’t worry though. Should be ok if removed. Once again no way of knowing without removing.
Color Cytology Atlas of Common Feline Skin Tumors

Thank you, when I started researching, this also became one of my differentials. Definitely going to have it removed. Thanks for this excellent resource.