Gross looking stool

bugmankeith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know what causes loose stool chronically in this pale color? A senior stray cat has this and I can’t get it tested, could it be parasites or something like stomach or liver issues? I give a probiotic daily in his food

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Does not look good, whatever is going on. Certainly there could be parasites. In general, stool that yellow usually indicates a liver issue

Cat Poop Color Chart | Find Out What The Colors Mean

This chart explains the highlights of that...food moving too quickly, gall bladder and liver issues. In a senior cat that would be more expected than in a younger healthier animal.

I am not clear on the part about getting it tested. Would your vet take a sample? I take it that treatment of this cat might be impossible. More feral than a stray lost pet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bugmankeith

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does not look good, whatever is going on. Certainly there could be parasites. In general, stool that yellow usually indicates a liver issue

Cat Poop Color Chart | Find Out What The Colors Mean

This chart explains the highlights of that...food moving too quickly, gall bladder and liver issues. In a senior cat that would be more expected than in a younger healthier animal.

I am not clear on the part about getting it tested. Would your vet take a sample? I take it that treatment of this cat might be impossible. More feral than a stray lost pet?
This cat has been to the vet once by me for a health exam, he’s 10 and was abandoned at 2 and living on the streets ever since. It took time to get him friendly enough I could bring him into a vet. He is FIV positive, has rotten teeth, curved eyelid and chronic eye infection, plus the stool issues. But the vet refuses to send a stool sample out to test for parasites or possible c diff infection. I sadly don’t have funds to get him the multiple operations he needs, and vets won’t work with me despite me being disabled and unemployed. At the very least, if it it was parasites I could at least buy medicine for that to help him a little.