Grooming persians

harriet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Diamond eye and Crystal eye are good products. I think Diamond eyes is better. Wash the face in a tearless shampoo a few times also before the show. Don't forget the front paws if they are light coloured.

Let me know how it goes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you so much, I was at the pet store with a lost look on my face...saying...which one???? I will let you know how the show goes. I do want to say though that he has not been as messy in his box. I think maybe it was just a kitten thing. It seems all is getting better with him. I suspect he may have been taken to soon from mom and caged quite a bit. This last few months at our house I think has helped. He is such a cutie!!!! I think I may have told you that he is on my web site under who we are if you want to see him.
Thanks again

harriet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Sandie. I went and looked at Moonshadow. He looks like a real cutie! Good luck at the show! We may get you hooked on persians yet!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Moon Shadow is doing very well now days, he is such a good kitten. I was wondering if you had any tricks for knots. We brush him every night and he seems to still get at least one or two knots. Is there something I am not doing or putting on him? Baby poweder, conditioner?? You mentioned the leave in conditioner when he is not being shown, which kind would you recomend? Thanks harriet, you have been a bunch of help with this little guy!!

harriet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Sandie, I use a supposedly all natural dog product called, " Essentials." It's their detangling spray. Bathe the cat. Towel dry and spray this stuff in and rub through. Wait a couple of minutes and comb and dry. You can use it on dry coats as well. It smells great because it is made of lemon, tangarine and grapefruit. Essentials makes a great no tear kitten shampoo as well!

I can hardly wait to hear how Moon Shadow does at the show!

cowboysgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has anyone had burning eyes when cleaning with diamond eyes tear stain cleaner??

quickmilt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
     Harriet and Sandie, not sure you know that real "Boric Acid" can do real harm to a cat or pet. make sure that it is "Pet drops for Pets Boric Acid", please. Neither has said that it is eye drops that you are using on your Persian Cat's eyes. Here is what Boric Acid is in the original form it is found as:

Boric acid and its sodium borate salts are pesticides that we can find in nature and many products. Borax is one of the most common products. Boric acid and its sodium salts each combine boron with other elements in a different way. In general, their toxicities each depend on the amount of boron they contain.

So ladies please take care of the use of Boric Acid, a more natural way to clean your cat's eyes and preventing an infection is much safer than chemical means for sure. Here is more on Boric Acid if you want to read up on it, it is very interesting:  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borax
Kindest Regards.

Last edited by a moderator: