Grey kitten poop

ChunkyNaomBaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone, so I am fostering two kittens I found outside. They had deworming and flea meds 2 weeks ago, and I have an appointment for Tuesday to take them to the shelter to get more dewormer, vaccines and see if they are big enough to be neutered. One of the kittens has always had a big, form belly, but always ate, drank, and played normally. Their poop was soft when I first got them, but became normal in a few days. 2 days ago this kitten threw up two small worms. The shelter said it was fine to wait until Tuesday to get their next dewormer. Then this kitten had a very strange poop. He also stopped eating as much. I am going to call the shelter when they open but just wanted to post on here and see if anyone knew why he had a poop like this, it’s not something I have seen before.
4B65CB6B-797D-4E8E-AC90-0D4DD64EC992.jpeg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. It could very well be due to the worms affecting his digestive tract, especially since he has also thrown up worms. Make sure the shelter/vet is giving the right dewormer, or perhaps a broad spectrum dewormer to ensure all possible worm types are being treated. When you call them, ask if you should bring in a stool sample for testing if he has more stool like this.