Grey Cat Mauve colored Paws

GuyandCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are there certain Breeds that have this distinct color for paws.?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
The breed standard for blue Abyssinians (dilute of Ruddy) allows only mauve paw pads. Russian Blue cats may have lavender, pink, or mauve paw pads. My blue and white DSH kitty had some pink and some mauve paw pads.

I haven't looked up any other breeds, but I think mauve may be a fairly common paw pad color for blue (grey) cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GuyandCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The breed standard for blue Abyssinians (dilute of Ruddy) allows only mauve paw pads. Russian Blue cats may have lavender, pink, or mauve paw pads. My blue and white DSH kitty had some pink and some mauve paw pads.

I haven't looked up any other breeds, but I think mauve may be a fairly common paw pad color for blue (grey) cats.
tks for the reply. was just wondering cause my GUY (GUY is his name) has Pinkish Mauve paws...

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Paw pad colour is always related to coat colour, some standards will use different terms for the same basic colour.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GuyandCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Paw pad colour is always related to coat colour, some standards will use different terms for the same basic colour.
Ah okay. Ya my GUY def doesn't have Gray paws. a Deep pink Purple so was curious/ tks

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The paw pads are usually determined by the coat color and patterns. Some colors/ breeds have mauve paw pads, sometimes blue cat coats, they can have gray paw pads as well. My torties had mixed color paw pads of pink and black. My Syb, a calico with a lot of white had pink pads. My other kitties have had or have mostly black or grayish pads, Quinn who is a siamese sealpoint has dark pads but they look more dark brown than black. Merlin, a ginger tuxedo has pink pads and lots of freckles on his mouth/ lips etc.

Mauve Footpads: Which Breeds and Colors Have Them? - Upgrade Your Cat