Grey and black kitten boys

Beargrey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my beautiful grey cat had 3 babies. Dad was a ginger tom. She had 1 tortie girl but the 2 boys have back heads then going down thier backs turns to grey. (exact same grey as mum) 1 of the boys has more prominent tabby markings but guess these could fade as he ages. Its not fever coat as ive looked into that. I've never seen this colouring before. So my question is do you think they will grow up the same or turn more grey or more black as time goes on. The boys also have a double coat like mum but the tortie girl has normal fur.
20210522_132254.jpg
20210522_132254.jpg
20210522_132254.jpg
20210522_132310.jpg
20210522_132310.jpg

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
They’re most likely brown (black-based) tabbies, though they might be blue (cat fancy term for grey), like mum, just darker — hard to say until we can see more of the base colour under the stripes. They’re most likely too dark to be blue, though. Can’t definitively say what kind of pattern they’ll have until they’re older, though I’m seeing some hint of a classic tabby bullseye :>

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They look like black kittens with fever coat. Kittens with fever coat often have dark heads and light bodies like this. They are cute little babies!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They’re brown (black-based) tabbies. Hard to say what kind of pattern they’ll have until they’re older, though I’m seeing some hint of a classic tabby bullseye :>
The black faces and black feet tell us that they are solid black, or black smoke kittens. If they were dark black-based tabbies, they would look similar to the kittens in this thread: Any ideas on how these will turn out? If they were blue, they would have blue faces and feet.

Last edited:

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
The black faces and black feet tell us that they are solid black, or black smoke kittens. If they were dark black-based tabbies, they would look similar to the kittens in this thread: Any ideas on how these will turn out? If they were blue, they would have blue faces and feet.
I see, my mistake! Thank you for the correction and information :>