Greetings from South Carolina

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone. I'm new to this site, but I've lurked the threads in the past to get advice on my 3 awesome fur babies.

My oldest cat is Toothless. She's 4 years old and a serious snuggle bug and avid bird watcher. She has spinal lymphoma and isn't feeling well these days.

Jake is about 9 months old. He's the weirdest cat you'll ever meet. His hobbies include singing in the shower and watching you from the shadows. He was the runt of his liter, but he isn't little at all when it comes to his wild antics.

His liter mate, brother, and bbf is Andy. Andy is like your nosey next door neighbor. Nothing gets past him. He is extremely active and demands you play with him non stop. He moon lights as a magician, no door stays locked when Andy is around.

We are in the process of getting another cat. Little Tryion is about 4 weeks old and can't come home just yet.

In my house we are crazy about our cats. Nice to "meet" all of you.

PS I tried to attach some pictures, but that didn't go well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you very much. I haven't seen too many cats that look quite like Andy. He even has patches of dark fur hidden in the white fur. All the cats in his litter looked like Jake. Andy was so the odd man out.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Andy has the look of a master mischief maker!

Welcome to TCS!.  I'm so sorry to hear that Toothless is doing so poorly.  Bless her, and you.  I'm glad that you found this site.  I did, as well, just a few months ago, and I can't even remember what my life was like before this community became a part of it. 

Oh, BTW, we're practically next door neighbors!  I'm in North Carolina.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! another Carolinian here! I am in Wilmington.  I'm sorry to hear about Toothless. I lost just my one & only fur baby on Feb. 5th from lymphoma. (He only got 1/2 way through chemo).  But it gave me two months with him.  So I do wish you all the best with all my heart. Your boys sound funny. That "singing in the shower" made me laugh!  

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm in upstate South Carolina (Greenville area). I'm originally from Massachusetts, but after 2 extremely cold winters I couldn't take anymore. The Carolina's are beautiful. I love the blue mountain ridge.

You are right btw, Andy is a trouble maker. He was coined "the mama's boy" in his litter, but he is so protective over his brother I made a quick decision to take in 2 cats instead of 1. I just couldn't separate them. I don't regret it what so ever. Andy's antics always bring a smile to my face. He's in love with Toothless. She hates him (she likes Jake though). Andy lays on his belly with his paws stretched in the air, wriggling around trying to get Toothless to notice how adorable he knows he is.

I'm thrilled to have found this site. It's been a valuable resource for me.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's funny! I can just imagine him doing that, "ah, hellooooo, do you not see me over here?" 

Yes, this site is great! Lots of information, & lots of caring, supportive people!  

sherit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome !

I grew up in the myrtle beach area of South Carolina...

I am in Alabama now for many years, a beautiful state here

too...rolling hills, pastures, beautiful trees and 2 hours from

the whitest sand beaches and emerald green ocean waters

of the Gulf Coast..Florida..area..

I miss south carolina due to being born there...and lived there as a child..

I have  2 cats, Lily and Bro...

I did not let my cats eat chocolate or the fake green grass ..just used the easter basket for the pictures...

sheri, Bro and Lily

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow SheriT, Lily and Bro each have gorgeous eyes! I love the intensity. You're a great photographer. Your kitties are stunning.

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Angel's Mommy - I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your fur baby. We weren't given chemo as option so at this point we are keeping her comfortable and managing her pain. She's been a trooper through all of this.

Are you planning on getting another cat at some point?

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Angel's Mommy - I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your fur baby. We weren't given chemo as option so at this point we are keeping her comfortable and managing her pain. She's been a trooper through all of this.

Are you planning on getting another cat at some point?
Thank you so much. Yes, at some point I will but not sure when. I am no where near ready. It was just Angel & I , so I didn't travel anywhere. I plan on saving up to go see a friend of mine who moved away about 6 years ago. Maybe a weekend in Myrtle Beach sometime too, since it's only 45 minutes away.  It will be a while before I am emotionally ready for another one. He was really such a good boy, he will be a hard act to follow! 

He never jumped up on counters, or tables, etc..  So, in the meanwhile, I have stuck around with all these wonderful friends I have made here on TCS, & offer any of the knowledge I have gained over the years with Angel, to help others. I have learned SO much in the 4+ years I have been here. 

I wish you & Toothless many blessings with what she is going through. 

sherit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bro and Lily thank you for the compliment...

I enjoy photography and not had lessons

anyone can learn...if they have patience

and get a good background...behind the flower

or the animal or person..

Just try to not get anything behind the subject

that would not help create a beautiful scene..

for instance when I do flowers ...in the yard

I always get down and move around till I find

a green leaf or plant behind the flower so that

its background is solid and a good contrast to the

flower bloom...or the insect....such as lizards

or butterflys...or a cat...

SheriT, Bro and Lily