Greenies hairball treats

abunaione

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat, Sandy, only likes dry food.
She also has a problem with hairballs.
I've been giving her Greenies hairball for a while, along with Laxitone when needed.
For a while I couldn't find it anywhere.
The other day I saw Pet Smart showed they had it in stock.
I drove there and couldn't find it.
Asked a worker about it.
He checked in the back, and couldn't find any.
Said computer is not all that reliable.
Just like everywhere else.
As I was walking around, looking to see if I could find anything Sandy might like, he found me.
He had talked to the manager about it and they called Greenies to see what's up.
They told him they had changed to name from "hairball" to "indoor health".
It was the same, with some other things added.
They had it in stock, and I got some.
I was surprised, in this day and age, that the staff would go out of their way to find out what was going on.
Never happens anymore these days.
I will be going back to them, and telling anyone else who has pets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abunaione

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I contacted Greenies, and got this reply.......
"Thank you for contacting GREENIES.
I'm happy to inform you that we are still making our Hairball treats, however, they are now under a new name! In January 2022, we rebranded our Hairball Control treats under a new name: Indoor Care!
assured, the recipe is the exact same even after the name change, so you can expect the same benefits in preventing hairballs, as well as the same flavor your kitty knows and loves!"

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Feeby likes the Temptations 'Hairball Control' treats, and they just did the same with them - renamed them to 'Indoor Care'. They do have the same ingredients, but I think everyone is being cautious about declaring something to actually control hairballs. I don't know whether Temptations really controls hairballs or not. Feeby has never been one to throw up hairballs with any frequency. But - knock on wood - what actually has completely stopped her from doing so is a change in her routine whereby she gets daily brushings. So, she still gets the Temptations treats, but I am going to give more credit to the daily brushings!

Btw, PetSmart in my area is pretty responsive too! But since the pandemic started, I have not been in the store - rather I order online and do curbside pickup. There has only been a time or two where something they said was in stock online turned out not to be.