Greenies and scooting

meandthegov

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am wondering if any other cat owners have noticed a correlation between Greenies treats and then their cats scooting. I strongly believe that if I feed my cat a few of these, it makes his butt itchy. Is that crazy? Is it a carbs thing? Does this indicate that he might have a problem digesting these? 

My cat has anal gland issues and needs them expressed semi-frequently, though adding pumpkin to his diet has been helpful. I have zero tolerance for him scooting around my house since I'm pregnant and worried about coming into contact with his fecal matter. 

My mom keeps sending me rejected Greenies flavors because her cat is extremely intolerant of most kinds and will throw them up. I haven't had the same reaction from my cat, but I also haven't heard many good things about this brand. It's actually only been pushed to me by the Petsmart clinic, who of course sells the product a few aisles away. 

Has anyone else had a particularly good or bad experience with Greenies? Anything to say on this topic? 

Thanks

nora1

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use Greenies as a treat while being brushed, which isn't everyday. Probably every other day. She gets roughly 3-4 each time, with no scooting or other side effects. She absolutely loves them!

koolkatz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Greenies have been known to cause problems in cats with sensitive *any digestive-excretory* related thing. I would lay off them.