Green discharge

Rachie1990

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I noticed my pregnant cat has discharge I’m in need of some serious help. Babies are all moving around she does not appear to be distressed. In fact she seems very normal just a bit sleepy she keeps licking the discharge but I read it can be harmful.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It was probably just her mucus plug. If it continues after she has delivered all her kittens, she may need antibiotics for a vaginal infection. How are things going now?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rachie1990

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s had 3 so far all babies are full with life and healthy. The discharge happened all day that is why I was concerned. I will get her to the vets if it continues.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rachie1990

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was on the internet looking at reasons as to why she had it but I got three different answers wish it would be clear as to why. Some sites said it was normal then others said it was a problem with the babies ☹ So confusing

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, green discharge is usually a serious sign. But the mucus plug is often greenish, as mentioned.
If she is otherwise OK and babies born healthy, lets hope for the best, but keep double watches!
Also weigh the babies every day so you know if they add properly.
And get home kmr or goats milk, so you wont stand defenceless if anything happens.

You can perhaps get in touch with your vet per telephone, so the vet can give you additional questions?