Gray - Vocal - Silky coat -breed?

vanderkitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Found this gorgeous boy meowing loudly, only 6wks old, declaring he was hungry and someone needed to do something! We started feeding him and within a week he let us pet him. He now is our indoor kitty, 10 mo old. He is very active, demanding of attention, and talks a lot, loudly, like Siamese. His coat is silvery blue and silky like mink. Guesses as to his background? He seems too beautiful to be a random stray

Last edited by a moderator:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Very handsom young boy.  As my avatar suggests, I like gray cats 
 and your boy really is beautiful, and quite a poser!  I particularly like that photo of him in the middle of someone's puzzle pieces. No way am I getting any of my puzzles out until Mouse is considerably calmer.....

Given the lack of any pedigree history to show genetic history of any specific breed, I think the correct name for your cat's appearance would be Maltese which is given to cats that are mostly gray / blue in colour.  Having been found at 6 weeks I do not think your kitten is likely to be of any specific breed as any pedigree cat's kittens would be highly protected, and he is unlikely to have had a pedigree parent as they are also highly protected.

That said, his appearance is very close to that of a Russian Blue (GCCF standard rather than TICA) so I am interested in his tail and fur, and  if his coat lays flat or has a dense undercoat so it sticks up.  Your cat has a fine sheen to his coat, large if slightly rounded ears, gentle olive green eyes and small oval paws.    Also, is there a small white spot on his chest?   It may well be that he has some Siamese / Oriental cat in his genetic history though from his appearance I don't think this is strong - more to do with his vocalisations. 
  I would love to see more pictures.

Thank you for showing us pictures of your boy.  Can we know his name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vanderkitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
His name is Massimo. :) His fur lies flat; I've never felt such a silky coat! Pics attached to show head profile & white spot on neck, and him stretching - slight tabby ghosting on his legs.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

vanderkitten

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oops, meant to attach this pic, too. My Massimo doesn't know who his parents were, but he's sure he's a little prince. He rules our house, at least! :D

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Massimo is indeed very beautiful, and he has a great name too!  I would definitely call him a Maltese cat with his colouring.  I look forward to learning lots more about him and seeing many more pictures as you find your way about the site.  He sounds like he has great catitude - and to go with his close resemblance to a Russian Blue he seems to have something of their ability to rule over their humans. 
   Oh, sorry, I think all cats might do that! 

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Vanderkittens Massimo reminds me somewhat of a korat.  As young, they are quite alike RB.   

Courtneys Malteser reminds me of a RB male from Scandinavia...    :)

sharron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That picture is when she was kitten can't take up update pictures at moment has she is pregnant and won't let me get a picture of her at moment

sharron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is nearly 2 and thinking any time next week there due not 100 percent sure didn't know she was pregnant till she started showing. She is in spare room away from my other cats has she is been funny with them and my little one doesn't understand to leave her alone as before he could do anything with her x

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I hope she settles now she is on her own and isn't stressed too much when her time comes.  Will look out for your posts in pregnant cats forum to see how things go.  Perhaps some grey or mostly grey kitties: may you find homes for them all being well over the coming weeks.

sharron

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks yes will post pictures when there here would be nice if one is like her x

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I think perhaps I will look in to starting a nice grey / blue cats thread in the fur pictures forum or somewhere - there seems to be a growing band of us here on the site now.  

courtneykp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think perhaps I will look in to starting a nice grey / blue cats thread in the fur pictures forum or somewhere - there seems to be a growing band of us here on the site now.  :clap:
Yayy!:high5: i love to see other grey babies! There aren't enough of these lovely kitties!