Grapefruit Seeds Extract Dosage

Emma2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone, my cat is currently sick, he's taking antibiotics but he seems very tired, I was looking for natural remedies to help him feel better and I came across Grapefruit seeds extract, the thing is I keep finding different information about the dosage and how to dilute it...

So for the people who used it before on their cats, what is the exact dosage for a 5kg cat? And I want to give it to my cat using a syringe, how do I dilute it?

Thanks

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is vital to consult a vet before offering any kind of natural remedies to your cat, especially ones made for humans. Things that are totally safe for humans can be poisonous (or even lethal) to cats. Also, natural remedies can interact badly with medications - another reason to proceed with extreme caution.
Alternative Treatments For Cats: How To Minimize The Risk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emma2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is vital to consult a vet before offering any kind of natural remedies to your cat, especially ones made for humans. Things that are totally safe for humans can be poisonous (or even lethal) to cats. Also, natural remedies can interact badly with medications - another reason to proceed with extreme caution.
Alternative Treatments For Cats: How To Minimize The Risk
My vet has no idea what GSE is :disappointed: (I don't blame him though it's not even sold here), I asked a vet online and he said it's okay to give him GSE just make sure there's no medication interaction.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Columbine Columbine If my vet didn't know about it, and ok it i would not use it. I would not be trusting an online vet.

So many things are toxic to cats. I just would not.

I do hope she feels better soon! keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Emma2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree with Columbine Columbine If my vet didn't know about it, and ok it i would not use it. I would not be trusting an online vet.

So many things are toxic to cats. I just would not.

I do hope she feels better soon! keep us updated.
it's not sold here, that's why the vet don't know it, it's not toxic but it needs to be diluted, a lot of people are praising it online, but each one uses a different dosage.

I'll keep you updated :) and i hope that someone who used it before would answer me.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best of luck. maybe someone will post that knows more about it than me. Im just a worry wart i guess. So many things are promoted online as safe and or a cure all. Both for people and pets. If my vet or my Dr. do not recommend it, i don't use it. I trust very little that i read online these days. Its still fun to google, lol and i do. I just don't believe a lot of it :)