GPS Pet Trackers For Cats?

tatiana10106

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've tried to transition the neighbors outdoor cat into an indoor cat after saying I could take him. I've had him for over a month and tried keeping him indoors. He was not happy. So, I decided to allow him outside. He always comes back home before dark. I was wondering if anyone uses pet trackers on their cats and which one I should use, perferably a tag that attaches to a collar, uses an app and tracks long distances. Any suggestions?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't got any experience with GPS for cats, but there are a couple of threads discussing it:

[thread="299935"][/thread]

[thread="313228"][/thread]

[thread="292569"][/thread]

[thread="171556"][/thread]

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Will he wear a collar?  I'd see about that first.  Mine kept coming home sans collar.  Then, would a tag snag on something and trap him?

The only GPS tags I've seen have a dismal distance.  About 100 feet.  At that distance they wouldn't find my dog or cat if I was at the house and he was at the end of our own yard.

marius

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have actually been looking at these for my 2 cats, as i am soon to let them out.

http://pawtrack.com/

A small warning, i have not looked up many reviews for this perticular brand yet, but if they do most of what they promise then i am happy. They are not too cheap though!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tatiana10106

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the other threads! He doesn't enjoy wearing collars or harnesses but if someone was holding food I bet I could sneak it on him.