Gotta love that melting pot...What's your ethnic heritage?

stoopid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Actually, I've always thought the "pizza" analogy was more fitting than the "melting pot", with Western Europeans/Native Americans forming the dough, Africans and Eastern/Southern Europeans the sauce, and everybody else the "toppings".
Was thinking along the lines of Warren Beatty in "Bulworth"

"... keep [screwing] each other until we're all the same color..."

sensgirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My mom is full-blood (purebred lol!) Ojibway. So I'm half Indian (my mom calls herself an Indian, most of my family says Indian... I know it's not politically correct but that's the terminology they use...
)

My dad.... I think his family came from England/Scotland. I'm not sure which though. He says England but I always thought Ross was a Scottish name...? I don't talk to him too much so I can't really clarify.

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
German Swedish and God only knows what on my Mom's side

German Swedish exclusively on my Dad's side (his parents were the immigrants)

DH is:

Black and Indian and something else (I think there's a little Caucasian) on Mom's side

they don't know the Dad's side because they don't know who his Dad was

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am a mix of Scottish, Cherokee, and Choctaw on my father's side and German and Irish on my mother's side.

I have three siblings, making four of us "kids"...of the four, three are very pale-skinned, strawberry blondes; but my little sister is very dark skinned with beautiful dark brown eyes and hair. You would never know we are related!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lotsocats

I am a mix of Scottish, Cherokee, and Choctaw on my father's side and German and Irish on my mother's side.

I have three siblings, making four of us "kids"...of the four, three are very pale-skinned, strawberry blondes; but my little sister is very dark skinned with beautiful dark brown eyes and hair. You would never know we are related!
That's my family! I generally get put into the "mixed race category" - curly, strawberry blond hair, pale skin, but no nose bridge, high cheekbones and a definite epicantric fold over blue-green eyes. I can literally pass as white, black or Asian, or any mixture thereof. My brother's nickname was always "Chink", despite his green eyes, (when he visited us here in Germany, everybody thought he was Japanese), and my sister is generally mistaken for a Native American. Definitely prime examples of the melting pot!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Canadian-born of English stock on both sides, and no trace, that I'm aware of, of anything else.

2rascalkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's very interesting to read about everyone's ethnicity here. I guess that I'm the first to say I'm Filipino, Spanish, and Chinese. Both parents have the same ingredients. Not sure how much of a percentage I have of each. Will have to go way back into my family tree to get that info.

My husband is Chamorro (from Guam/Micronesian/Pacific Islander), filipino, spanish, and a pinch of Chinese.