Gotta lotta heart!

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently convinced the manager of my local grocery store to order whole beef hearts for me every month or so. I picked two of them up today. Wow. Just.... wow, that's a lotta heart!!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
lol... When I first ordered one at the local butcher .. His words were " Would you like me to cut it ?" I asked why and he showed me what turned out to be a 3lb heart half

furryfriends50

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Gotta love heart

If you have to much you should send some over here
Two beef hearts is enough to feed all mine for a day! I guess the ones I use might be "small" - they are 2.5 lbs each.

Speaking of cutting up heart:

Two years ago we cut up beef heart in health class. I was put in a group with three guys who all work on farms and all are on the football team. They made ME cut the heart up
You'd think they wouldn't let a girl do that because they wouldn't want to admit that they were to grossed out/couldn't do something a girl would do... So much for football players being tough

koobe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Auntie Crazy

I recently convinced the manager of my local grocery store to order whole beef hearts for me every month or so. I picked two of them up today. Wow. Just.... wow, that's a lotta heart!!!
Wow, that is a big heart, and they are cut into big pieces too. My kitties will not eat such big pieces!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

auntie crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by koobe

Wow, that is a big heart, and they are cut into big pieces too. My kitties will not eat such big pieces!
There's a whole heart on the right, a half a heart on the plate and 9 ounces of heart chunks on the scale and in the baggies.

You're right, Koobe, I do feed my furkids big chunks. But don't forget - they've been eating this way for a year now and have worked up both the confidence and the strength to handle those chunks.
Trust me, they were much smaller when we started!

swoshum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yeah my kitties like their meals in whole parts (like whole drumsticks) but they prefer their heart and liver in smaller chunks. Beef heart is so great for a raw diet!